My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

If Things Are Difficult...

and find that I am unable to use all the time I have regarding my Internet package, I can switch at anytime without penalty to a cheaper deal...Now, things may be tight budget wise in the future and if less money is coming in that may be an option worth considering. Besides I may even drop the TV license.

Well, the last day or two I had to make that call to Australia(an exception I know)but it cost me £7 but if I have to phone Mum's other relative in America a similar scenario could happen. Then with the mix up with my benefits and the landlord(I wasn't expecting that)I hope that too will be an exception but those calls ended up costing me £3 approx because I had to call outside of my agreed time for making calls and they are not open after 7pm.

Also 0845 numbers are chargeable. Well, it's cost me another £42 over the year(that's the equivalent of approx 11p a day)but I now can make calls anytime. Most calls to any UK landline will now be free(If I terminate the call before 60 minutes are up)I can redial...0800 numbers will mainly be free and that also includes 0845 numbers from now on. And should I have to phone abroad that will cost me but I will save 25% on such calls so that Australian call would have come down to £5.25, not much of a saving but it all adds up.

I could soon spend as much if using the mobile so that will now only be used to order taxi's when required if I am outdoors and I don't plan to use it for normal calls...so  I won't be texting much either.

I think I still have to pay for calls from a landline to a mobile so where possible I will avoid doing that. I will try and hang onto the £75 credit I have with the new package. That can be used towards chargeable calls and I can just let that reduce or top it up when I wish but in theory if I make calls the way I am supposed to that £75 will just remain there.

In theory it does mean if I am caught short one month I can still make calls and top up another time...so all in this year my broadband telephone and telephone rental has cost me...£198 and then £145 for the tv license so that's approx 94p a day...over the year its still a lot but then again that's 24/7 access to the Internet and tv...and as I said next year I may drop the TV so then it comes down to...54p a day and if I then go to the cheaper package for broadband that could reduce to 69p but of course it's slightly more expensive because I am paying a full year's worth of broadband and not being let off with six months...

If I threaten to leave they might to do a special deal.

The TV and Internet/telephone line rental without the deal I managed to get would now be costing me £1.20 a day so I have saved approx £95 over the year...

However, when I pay all that even if I am helped with rent and community charge, if I say my energy needs will cost me £1,500 annually)I will only have approx £60 to live on weekly which will have to pay for food and replacing/repairing of items that break down or come to the end of their usable life.

I think it can be that tight even if you are working...and it must be a struggle even living on a State pension...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home