My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Might've Guessed That When...

Carol mentioned that her gas bill had come down it was probably time for another bill to drop on the mat...two arrived today from British Gas, the second was  to be added to the first and for 58 days they have charged me(and it's accurate because I gave meter readings)£146.26! The advisor thought that was quite good. That still works out at £2.52 per day. But he says that I am approx two thirds down on what we were spending when Mum was here.

He has suggested trying an on line tariff that offers 4% discount with British Gas for duel fuel...but then he said the cheapest deal can be obtained by doing gas/electric through Sainsbury's Energy(which is still run by British Gas)but it's still cheaper than signing up with them directly...

More things to consider...

I'm away to the bank to pay the bill, then at least I am upto date.

The next bill will probably be the electric(but that is approx £100 in credit)I don't know how either, so that may cover quite a lot of what it will be. A bit of a cushion. Then the phone bill(£130+ approx)

Then for a little while I may be left alone apart from sorting out the rent/probate/community tax situation...

Lucky that I still had just enough in the house to cover this bill and put aside for the telephone bill...

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

£130 phone bill sounds a lot to me but, of course, you have had an exceptional quarter with lots of arrangements having to be made for the funeral etc.

I am with Virgin (hence VQ), and my combined internet/phone bill is just around £30 per month.
It's true that I almost never use the phone but it's good to have it just in case.
In any case, phone calls at weekends are free.

29 May 2012 at 15:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That bill with BT probably does have quite a lot of calls made whenMum was ill but originally they had charged advanced line rental thinking I was staying with them. But when I told them I had switched to another company. They said for me not to pay the bill and they'd send an ammended one out.

But that won't include all of the line rental but some and then VAT and as my line did not go live until May 22nd I have extra calls made upto that date...

My internet and phoneline rental for this year works out at around 49p daily(£3.43 weekly)£13.72 per month(That is bound to increase next year)but if I go for a lighter Broadband package £54 over the year...

If I don't make calls out of the hours I am supposed to and redial before an hour is up, avoid calling abroad etc...Use the phone weekday evenings and anytime at the weekend I think my calls are free.

On odd call I think if I have to make it so be it.

Still cheaper than BT.

On the other hand I thought the deal I got with Plusnet was great(it is)but I discovered looking at some old ads for the company there was a time when they were doing the broadband and phones for £3.25 per month...

Now that was a bargain...bet that didn't last long...

The deal I signed up to is coming to an end and they have a clock ticking down to midnight.

Hope the next deal isn't better than what I signed up for but if it is...what can I do...

I've had a quote from Sainsbury's regarding duel fuel..doen't seem cheap to me and is as confusing as ever...It's still coming out at around £1,500 or the year!

29 May 2012 at 19:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home