My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, November 05, 2011

A Day Where Nothing Much Is Happening...

And that's ok with me...

Next week will be quite busy. It may work out much better than we fear. At this minute its hard to believe we'll be starting 7 days of visiting one of the major hospitals in the area or Europe. Their website suggests that they have just spent £35million on their facilities for treating cancer.

Further investigation suggests that the Oncologist Mum saw was appointed in 1999 and started his training in 1984 so I guess though he looked very young he is nearer 45 years of age so I guess that means he has quite a lot of experience behind him.

And the person we believed to be the main consultant is an expert at surgery at the local NHS hospital and two private hospitals in the area, the main person is who Mum saw.

So here's hoping that all goes well and we have some success.

The most exciting thing going on today is me doing more washing and keeping on top of it all. And being frugal I have a couple of sheets that supposedly stop coloured items spoiling white garments if you do a mixed wash. They do shrink in size but you know as they still continue to work, rather than getting a new one, I have been reusing them.

Whilst I am able I treated ourselves to a new Christmas CD issued by Michael Bublé when shopping yesterday. I had already downloaded some Christmas songs by Michael last Christmas so I thought that this new album might have tracks I already own and two are the same but sixteen are new so it was still a good buy(The more music you have sometimes makes it difficult when buying a CD to remember what you already have)

And naturally being issued by Frank Sinatra's record label "Reprise" and with the kind of production values associated with Bublé and Sinatra the quality of sound arrangements are superb.

So even though new Christmas songs seem few at least old favourites still sound great. Even though you have heard them many times over the years.

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hope it all goes well Gildy, best wishes to your Mum.

I agree about the music comments, I bought a complilation CD a few Christmasses ago and put it on whilst I wrapped presents, after about half an hour I had one of those deja vu moments picked up the jewel case and discovered I already owned most of the tracks on one of the two CD's.

6 November 2011 at 13:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Paul,
Any support is great appreciated.
No one wants to visit a hospital but thank heavens we have them as most of the time things do work out successfully...

Here's hoping...

Yes, some songs you always know you have in your collection because they are so familiar but some are rarer or are played less often.

I mean I have approx 14,000 tracks on here and loads more to convert if I ever get the time.

The Bublé album has a version of White Christmas but it is different to the one I downloaded last year but on face value I could've thought it was the same one.

I haven't forgotten about what I have promised you in the past but obviously things have been hectic of late...

Take Care

Gildy

6 November 2011 at 14:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its her first treatment by radiotherapy, when she comes home give her a few minutes or so of calm, and let her to adjust to the temperature.
The first session may cause a bit of sickness or shivering,don't worry this is normal but may not happen at all.

6 November 2011 at 22:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Noted Anon...

As you say she get some effects or none at all(if lucky)

Then again...the first two days are getting her prepared and being shown around...

It all begins on Wednesday afternoon...

7 November 2011 at 08:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, we all know that did not happen now...best laid plans and all that!

8 November 2011 at 12:46  
Anonymous dan said...

What we will need is more and more
cctv systems
this is to protect people around the world.
cctv
mainly come in use to prove crime and
cctv cameras
are playing a major role in this field

26 November 2011 at 18:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home