My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 02, 2011

I Hate Complaining...

Seriously I really do...

But in the past 4-6 weeks(I've lost track of time to be honest)The weekly refuse collection has been as normal(No problems)but the fortnightly recycling collection has not...

I put it down the first time to possibly a refuse collection vehicle having broken down. Actually thinking the best of them and a logical reason.

Other houses around here kept their crates and bags out for weeks...I decided to phone to find out what was happening(I'd looked on the website where you expect to find things out(It was very good over the Winter telling you whether collections would or could happen due to weather problems etc...but this time there was no information to say why the rubbish had not been collected or when it would be again)I didn't want to keep putting it out un-necessarily.

Its a nuisance but also being less mobile its a bit difficult for me to take out and bring back in...

So I phoned to find out what the situation was...not a complaint as such "I just want some information!"

I was told to put the crate out this week(a day later than normal because of a public holiday on Monday)

Today in fact...so here we are at almost 3pm and no sign of a vehicle...

So I phoned to find out if I had been told the right week for collection.

I was told "Yes!" Could you tell me if they are likely to collect it seeing as it has come around to 3pm. Its possible...they work until 3.30pm. We won't know if they have had any problems until they return to the depot. Is this the correct week for collection I asked.

I'll have to put you through to another office that deals with your area...

Had to explain it all again...this office said "They are working until 4.45pm so it will probably still be collected leave it where it is"

I again asked was this the correct week and had explained how some households had been leaving their crates etc...out for weeks without them being collected but of course I was asked my name and address.

They came back to explain that the Supervisor said that "He would send someone out to collect it"

If our address has been given to him(and it must've been)so they know where to call, you always think they'll have it in for you and your name will be bad(even though you've done nothing wrong)All I was asking was is this the correct week, will it be collected today.

The truth is there is approx 4-6 weeks worth of tins and glass jars in the crate and I cannot put anymore in it. I sometimes let the crate fill up before putting it out but this time it is full because they have not collected it previously.

Apart from me today, I started to wonder if I had the right week for collection because only one other person has anything waiting to be collected. He's had his out for at least two weeks possibly longer.

I think everyone else has given up.

We are told its back to the normal collection day in a fortnight and hopefully all will be well again.

Update:It won't surprise you if I tell you that the crate is still sitting beside the kerbside awaiting collection and it is now after 6pm...So much for being told leave it there and it being the correct day for the rubbish to be collected, that they'd see it is collected specially.

It will have to be dragged in to the house again and now it will take another two weeks with more items to take away but often they will not allow you to put more rubbish out than you can get into the bins, crates or bags supplied.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Probably because the crate contains something they're not allowed to pick up and they certainly won't do you the favour or tell you about it. Call them and say there's a suspicious package outside your house that could be a bomb.

6 September 2011 at 18:07  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Someone told me they just put everything in the wheelie bin and don't recycle...

I buy few papers(just the Radio Times each week)and the free sheets and junk mail that comes through the door, that's it!
(That goes into a kind of weighted bag)You can put pastic and cardboard in that too.

The usual household stuff goes in the wheelie bin.

All that goes into the crate is tin cans, drink cans and glass jars, bottles etc...

That is all that is in the crate. Its even placed near the kerbside/road. And I am putting it out on the right day and I did ask when I phoned the appropriate department that I was on the right day.

Maybe I'll post an image to show how full it is...even I'm losing track of how long it is since it was last collected...its at least 6weeks and we have another 9 days before they collect again...

Its good to see that customer service isn't dead(I'm being sarcastic of course)

6 September 2011 at 19:19  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What fun...the recycling crews never ever appear before 11am and you'll remember I was told my crate of tins and glass jars/bottles having not been collected(even after making phone calls)would be the end of next week.

So unknown to me they came down our street between 7am-7.30am...TODAY!

I saw the truck quite a distance away around 8.15am in a kind of cul-de-sac and managed to get their attention and have them come back and take it away.

Otherwise I could've still been putting it out next week and wondering why we'd been missed again.

Still, I can now hopefully hit the correct week for collection and just in case, this time I better have it out at the break of dawn to be sure we're not missed again...

8 September 2011 at 09:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home