My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pain...

I really do feel it for anyone in pain be it terminal or where it is there all of the time. I have witnessed it with a "Loved" one and my own experiences.

We all have our own pain threshold and I would hate to try and say whose pain is more or less than someone else.

To some extent I have been able to control it but sometimes I want to cry out with pains in my eyes or cramp in my legs. And the start of my problems when my back pain was as bad as any I can remember.

I think pain killers damaged my kidneys because I was susceptible to the drug I was prescribed by a trainee Dr or because I took them wrongly, I am so careful how and what I take now in case I cause further problems. Its annoying that I wasn't one for taking tablets in the first place.

I have at present one such pain(probably caused arthritis)and the pain killers I have and moving around does not always work. The pain wakes me up, stops me sleeping or affects me when I am awake.

I cannot stop it coming on and just have to let it take its course however long it takes and no, I cannot pretend it isn't there.

And I don't know when it is going to happen and for how long. It can be both knees but its mainly its the left one.

Another problem I have experienced and its no fun is Sciatica and a quick look on a reputable site suggests that's what it could be...and that could mean other complications...oh dear.

Its a well written piece and though it does right to point out symptoms and complications it is written in general terms and so it should not frighten or scare and many can be attributed to other illnesses and is no different to the old reference book many households used to own of medical matters and in the end only a Dr and his expertise to diagnose(possibly with your extra help and suggestions)

Now if it wasn't for the above I would not normally be up at this hour, I assure you.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Northern Bloke said...

Your local pharmacist ought to be very knowledgeable regarding any medication you're taking. Generally speaking, they know more about drugs than doctors do.

29 August 2011 at 12:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's true...I may have a word when I'm next passing.

I do take steroids(but at a reduced doseage)to when I started ad I see they are on the list in the article.

I nearly said its stress after recent matters but I don't think I can blame that.

Thank you for your comment ;-)

29 August 2011 at 18:52  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Don't underestimate stress: it can cause no end of other problems.

1 September 2011 at 19:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It can cause a lot of problems but for those who have not experienced it see it as a mamby pamby ailment and almost laughable.

That's very understanding Span...

2 September 2011 at 01:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home