My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Gadget For My Store...

And this may be used rather than joining the store...

A while ago I think I mentioned that my smoothie maker(my fault)the jug was damaged. Either by washing it in water that was too hot or putting something warmer than I should have into it. I discovered that it was discontinued and to replace the jug was going to cost as much as the machine.

So whilst shopping the other day I found a complete system, processor, liquidiser and citrus press worth £44 approx reduced approx by half so I thought...why not.

So hopefully I'll be back to making smoothies and cocktails quite soon. Possibly something else...Don't think that I can juice things but ready produced cartons of Fruit Juice are probably just as cheap or as expensive as any you'll make at home as you need so much fruit to make them.

I wonder how many people make freshly squeezed Orange juice these days? The system does have a citrus press but I'm not sure I could be bothered to keep switching the different parts around and cleaning it a few times daily.

Also, you probably have to drink it straight away, whereas bought juices can be stored for quite a long time time(Open or unopened)in the fridge or cupboard and there are many varieties single or combined. I'm not sure you gain anything making your own juices...

The old one still works and just has fine lines in the plastic jug surface, they are not cracks as such so I may still be able to use it a while longer or I may just throw it away, haven't decided yet, the motor part is still in good working order.

I'm not great at keeping receipts for guarantee purposes, if it was a television or something like that I might bother more but for smaller items, I tend to think if they last the year...I'll just buy new. They usually last years in reality.

Things are so inexpensive these days...and yet I tend to use everything until they are really well used and do not replace just for the sake of it.

Now that means I do myself out of the latest, bright shiny thing and make do. Even my computers are second hand(they could be third or fourth hand)Our main TV is nearly 30 years old(where did all that time go?)The Sofa is probably is probably nearer 40 years old.

Now that's good in one way...for the environment especially but as I come to the last third of my life, where possible shouldn't I spend and enjoy the best with the little money I have whilst I am able? Rather than items that don't work as they should or look as nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home