My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

An Aladin's Cave...

I have a few gadgets(Did I mention this before?)That I have been saving up. In some cases just in case something breaks and I can move onto another or because I feel finances will be tough and I may not be able to afford them.

So I have two cordless electric kettles(one rapid boil)a steam iron, a slow cooker, a toaster and now...

A compact deep fat fryer. It was only £15 and I suddenly thought, when did I last taste or make my own chips.

I tend to stick to microwave or oven chips and they are perfectly fine. But there was always something about "Home Made" Chips!

I may never use it but its there if I wish to. Then again it means that potatoes will be used up(you can only mash or boil so many)but then again its easy to buy some that can be fried rather than popped into an oven.

It'll be ok, I don't eat loads of chips but I'll be using Sunflower, vegetable or olive oil and putting them into a sheet of kitchen roll to take any excess oil away.

I'm still using that water filter jug for fresh water and making tea and coffee, it has made such a difference especially to making kettles less likely to scale up and they are lasting longer, there was a time when I seemed to be going through two or three kettles a year and the element breaking easily. We have hard water in this area.

Virtually all the gadgets are supermarket own brands and therefore reasonably priced.

Wonder what I'll find next?

I'm also getting back into trying to make some special dishes for Mum and myself(looking through my cook books)even though there is nothing wrong with simple fare. And also making my smoothies and cocktails again.

Its good to keep an interest in things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Harry Hilders said...

Interesting read!

10 August 2011 at 16:39  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Yes but I hope you have the receipts Gildy becasue if you satrt using various new gadgets all of a sudden, someone may think you've looted them!

;-)

12 August 2011 at 14:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home