My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Have A Break, Have A Kit Kat...

I've not bought many over the years but happened to have some in the house in the fridge and last evening I decided to have an orange one and a caramel one...

I'd forgotten just how good this simple biscuit/sweet tasted and enjoyed it so much.

It was invented, if that's the correct word, in 1935 and the basic formula hasn't been tampered with(though some new versions have been launched in recent years)

Most of the most popular sweets that are enjoyed are quite old...and some old favourites that were taken off the market do with pressure from the public return.

I don't think Kit Kat will be disappering soon.

The firm that originally made Kit Kat and many others were taken over by Nestlesthe Swiss firm some years ago...

Still so many great companies have been gobbled up by others...Cadbury's was taken over by the American firm Kraft not so long ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Keep KitKat simple! Well the original is the best but the dark chocolate one is good too. Not keen on the orange or the chunky. (I think there was even a mint one briefly) Unfortunately I am addicted to chocolate...

6 May 2011 at 11:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'll have to look for the dark chocolate one, the mint one still exists...

At least the original still exists even if they keep adding new one's to the range...

To some extent some of the range is similar to Jacobs Club biscuits but I prefer KK they are not as hard.

6 May 2011 at 14:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home