My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Found Some More...

energy saving light bulbs today and they are classed as being as near to being the same as the traditional 120 Wattage bulbs which are no longer available.

As they insist on making them in soft white I have already found that those they say are similar to 100 watts are dimmer so I have purchased some of these more powerful ones thinking rightly or wrongly that the extra power may make them as near to the the old 100 watt bulbs(I'm trying to compensate for the loss of light)because they insist on using that softer colour. We'll see if my idea works later on...

I really cannot believe that using these new bulbs will save me any money when the bill comes in because the price of electric keeps increasing so any saving will not be noticeable, the latest bill arrived today and it was sky high.

If you listen to all the information coming out of Government campaigns the amount you can save from using these bulbs and having your home insulated(The Roof)and cavity wall insulation...you really should be getting your electric for free because the amount saved would cancel the cost out. It doesn't!

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Keep all the old bulbs ready for throwing at the council inspection team when they turn up to forcibly enter your home to count windows and and check energy saving measures! ...I'm only HALF joking!

22 February 2010 at 15:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What you suggest would not surprise me if it happened...

25 February 2010 at 12:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home