My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Mixed Day...

For various reasons I found myself awake through the night and it's funny how when you do get your sleep you just don't feel right. Even if you try and doze the following day and you are able to, so maybe there is something in that theory about the body clock. Perhaps it is a bit like the effects of Jet lag which we hear about when people fly across the world.

My little problem is playing up especially today so I am unable to do much but hey that does mean that I have an excuse to take it easy.

And on a positive note my newly repaired computer is working much better(still a couple of problems)but so far I can live with them for now. I also invested in some extra bits for my computers...I can not really afford them but in case my finances take a dive as they may at a future time and then I really cannot afford them, I purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse(this one the keys are losing the printed initials)and sometimes a key doesn't have enough pressure and when you look on screen it hasn't registered. It's a pity as it is still quite good.

But it does show which letters are used the most "T""A""N" and "O"

Well, it is on my keyboard.

And I invested in a memory stick which is quite handy for moving data between machines and a new external Hard Drive. Two of the external drives that I use are playing up so it allows me some safety regarding loss of data and two of the hard drives I am using are the largest I have ever used 1TB(whatever that means)

I don't know what bit rate I would have to record my mp3's in but the box says I am able to store 250,000 mp3 and/or 200,000 images.

But I burn everything to CD/DVD anyhow just in case any hard drive fails. What it has allowed me is somewhere to store a massive amount of files that I have never got around to sorting out and editing which were filling up the drives I use daily and space was really getting tight because those drives were much smaller so I have transferred everything. Unfortunately, they still have to be worked on and that will take a long time.

I must get around to taking more images and mp3's, storing them digitally gives me instant access at the click of a mouse. It's going to take me a long time to fill the drive. A very long time...

That is approx 40 year's worth of music which I have purchased over the years.

I have never really seen what my computers are capable of, not helped by still being on dial up regarding the Internet.

If I dislike anything about the new external hard drive it has a very open case to stop overheating so it has little holes around three sides and that means that dustt will settle inide as it lands on top so I'll have to keep dusting it down and it has a blue LED light and where it is situated if you stand over the casing you see a very bright light a bit like those you see on the checkout at a supermarket or a pointer that has sometimes been used by people pointing at planes at airports as they land or take off and I have heard they are bad for eyes.

Why they cannot place the LED in an area that means you don't see it, I don't know but hey, I'm not standing over it looking to the casing so you usually do not see it.

There is enough air circulating so I am tempted to place a small piece of paper over that area so it will never be seen.

Not the most interesting entry I have posted on my blog I have to admit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

interesting enough. I think the most common letters are E, T, soemthing else then N (or at least that's waht I read in Steven King's "Misery" (great book and greta film btw)

Glad the comp is fixed...life goes on!

30 January 2010 at 00:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Still some problems with the computer I'm afraid but I'm still here...Think I remember that film Span...

King was a favourite writer of my Father who read many books of all kinds...

I have a lot of red tape to sort out at present(I'd love to write about that but that really is private and cannot be discussed to the World at large)and it's rare you'll see me write that.

I'm an open type of guy 99% of the time.

Hence a lack of enteries on my blog at present.

31 January 2010 at 17:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home