My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas...

And if you don't celebrate this time of year, Happy Holidays to you. There is no reason why at this time of year we can wish each other all the best for peace and happiness.

An early start(I was in a lovely sleep)and Mum came along to my bedroom and asked if she could have a cup of tea so I eventually woke up enough to do that but in doing so I was surprised to hear a greeting on the radio to Mum and myself from Sally and Rosie my friends in London which I would've missed otherwise.

And for various reasons I have still not returned to my bed. As for that cup of tea(it became coffee)and a few minutes ago when I popped in to see how Mum is she is in a deep sleep and that drink is still untouched. But at least that means that I heard the greeting.

It's a quiet day...no presents to open but we'll buy something in one of the sales on the Internet perhaps. And it will be delivered when the mail gets back to normal.

It's still cold outside and there is still some snow on the ground but no more has fallen through the night but I have no plans to go outside for the next few days. It's just nice to be together and still here for another year after what happened earlier in the year and how things could've been.

That's the most important thing of all.

I think we are having our Christmas meal tonight, we have usually had it around 1pm-2pm but not today. It's more a case of what not to include in the menu and I am sure that something will not be eaten because of the dates on certain items but not such a problem with the fresh food.

I think it will be baby spouts, baby carrots, turnip, roast potatoes, stuffing, roast parsnips with a honey and mustard glacé, turkey, Yorkshire puddings and some cocktail sausages...I think that's enough to be going on with. Followed by either mince pies with a fancy cream or Christmas pudding with vanilla custard.

So if we have anything this afternoon it will be very light. I am sitting here debating whether to have breakfast or at least a bacon buttie. And I may go out of my way to make an alcoholic drink later but what cocktail to make I have so many recipes and choices of booze. Or I can even make a non alcoholic version of many.

I'd like to say that there is a lot of good programmes to sit and watch on television but I'm not impressed and I suspect most of my entertainment will be from the radio.

I may have my medical problem to sort out but I'm still determined to enjoy my Christmas. I have kind of set things in motion to sort it out...my Dr saw me resting in the town centre yesterday and came over and shook my hand and wished me and Mum all the best(and yes you guessed it)any health professional cannot get away from talking medicine and he's told me to come in and see him when the festive season is over(he understands why I have left it over this period)and we'll get it sorted then.

Only one mini disaster so far, I managed to break a mini-disc for one of my recorders today and so far it refuses to play so I'll always be wondering what is on it and what I am missing and whether I have already saved it to my computer or it's lost forever. I'll keep trying to get it to work, with my luck it is something I will be sorry to lose.

So not an exciting day so far but a relaxing one.

Again all the best to you and yours...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You don't want to know and I don't wish to tell but after posting my blog entry for Christmas Day I have spent all day washing and cooking and it has not been as planned. I missed/forgot programmes I wanted to listen to on the radio and watched virtually nothing on tv either.

I managed to recover what remained of the day and we had our Christmas meal and I did have something alcoholic a more expensive brand of cider...

I will claim today as a belated Christmas Day.

26 December 2009 at 08:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home