My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

To Get Away From Illness...

Unless things go seriously wrong for me tomorrow when I see my Consultant...

For now We are back to having lovely meals and deserts...and maybe I should've had one before but I invested in a table on castor's that you can bring across a bed or armchair and alter the height accordingly(not unlike the kind you see in hospital)it will make eating a meal much easier for Mum.

It wasn't cheap so I'll just continue with a tray on my knees. Having two is extravagant.

Also in the last six weeks I have treated myself to some cd's...the latest two being Michael Bublé's new album Crazy Love and Barbra Streisand's Love Is The Answer. That is the first time I have ever purchased an album by Barbra.

Another good buy some weeks ago was nine albums(a box set)by Abba for less than the cost of two single albums. And the new album celebrating fifty years of Cliff Richard and The Shadows where they have taken some of their early hits(plus some new tracks)and reworked them.

So I think it has been quite a good time music wise for me.

Is this unusual? Lately, when I have purchased CD's(even those I really really want)Once I would've rushed home and could not wait to get them into the cd player and listen to the whole album...now I sometimes wait days before doing so or in the case of these CD's I have been jumping through the tracks and listening to perhaps only 15-20 seconds...but will listen later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Your final paragraph here rings a bell...I am the same (apart from hardly buying any music these days...

Before you would replay and replay and replay a ne wsingle or album but now...well, again, as you say, it's almost as if the buying was the best bit and who cares about listening to it!

22 October 2009 at 17:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Good to see that I am not alone on listening to cd's this way these days...Now I realise that many of my recent choices are based around the style of/or contain a body of songs that are seen as The Great American Songbook composed by composers associated with hollywood/broadway musicals and/or big bands or vocalists associated with the 1930's-1950's.

They still stand up to the test of time and sound good and those who have produced these new recordings are still giving a beautiful rich sound.

Considering that these techniques did not exist when this music was first played/recorded and they still sound good, you do wonder how they would've sounded if they could've had access to today's technology.

The Michael Bublé album is superb. I understand the album is placed at Number One in the States.

The local shop where I got my copy, I had to look quite hard to find it and an older Bublé album was where the new one should've been and because of a sticker on the CD saying it was a new album some people may find they have purchased the wrong one...as that sticker would've been correct at the time that CD was issued.

25 October 2009 at 14:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home