My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Now The Real Work Begins...

Mum's all mixed up emotionally...she's reasonably happy with the changes to the home...most happy with the banisters...the chair they've put in the lounge isn't comfortable and she'd the seat to be wider(there's not much room to sit on it)She cannot imagine sitting on it for long so I may have to switch the bedroom armchair with that one.

We may have to buy one if we can find the right kind.

They'll have to advise.

There is someone coming out to see Mum on Monday and Thursday(not sure what they are doing)I can see they have her down to see her consultant in 6 weeks at the hospital. The medicines are to remain the same but they have stopped her taking the blood pressure tablet.

They would not allow her the Zimmer frame no matter how I pressed for one. I have seen the same one on the net so If I cannot buy one locally, I'll order one online.

The District Nurse will come out for the next 7 days to give Mum her injections then they stop.

It seems a silly rule to me but I assume they think she'll be more independent but I know she walks quicker with a Zimmer and if she's indoors...it would be ok if they'd accept she'll use both...I like the Zimmer for using through the night...

Unless they believe she'll get stronger and walk straighter? I have never ever been given a reason...

We are already thinking of getting some armchairs for downstairs. But again they must be the correct height...

It will be a learning curve for both of us and I hope as time goes by Mum improves.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I am feeling a little anxious initially about Mum when she goes to bed in case she gets up or rolls out overnight which did not happen in hospital. So I wonder how things will go...

Mum has already decided even if a chair supplied for her use is the correct height to please ocupational theropy(sp)it is not comfortable nor is there enough seat to sit on(and that doesn't mean Mum has a big bottom)the opposite is true.

So another solution will have to be found even if it is at our expense.

I will also have to look at what to do regarding improving her bed.

It feels very strange on the first day back for both of us. Being the weekend nothing can be done about things until Monday.

16 October 2009 at 20:14  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Glad she made it back...put the mattress on the floor if you are really hat worried, but of course then your mum may have trouble getting up!

16 October 2009 at 20:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

So true Span :-)

That chair don't ask how I did it in my state, I got it upstairs to her bedroom and will take the one in the bedroom downstairs. At night I'm putting it against the bed, it is pretty heavy and solid so may act a little like the bars you have along side a hospital bed so it may act as a way to stop Mum falling out...

We probably will push the bed further against the wall on the other side making the gap too narrow for a similar problem on the other side.

All jobs for another day...

16 October 2009 at 22:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home