My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hmmm, Just As Well That I Have A Good Relationship...

with my Consultant(after 10 years)I suppose it's not so unlikely.

I saw him today and he asked after Mum which is a nice gesture and my treatment has not been reduced but no shocks.

Its nothing to do with him but I told him of my other medical problem. He guessed where it was and when I suggested that water retention when I took ill could be the reason why it happened, he agreed that was a possibility.

So that suggests to me that it is quite a common problem that he comes across.

Naturally, if/when I decide or am forced to be fixed that will be arranged by my Dr and it will mean seeing another consultant who has that as his speciality. My Consultant said it would depend if the Consultant would say yes to the operation but I think that I have no choice.

One reason for delaying this surgery is the original condition.

I cannot say that I will manage to but I am going to try to last until next year before I get fixed. So I won't be straying very far from home or standing/walking much. So there will be lots of laying around and doing as little as possible.

It could all be taken out of my hands suddenly...and of course I am keeping a watch on Mum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Thanks for the update Gildy.

Good luck with everything.

21 November 2009 at 21:01  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I just seen (and answered) a post of yours over on my blog and thought I'd pop over to see what's what...no news is good news?

5 December 2009 at 16:27  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span,
I cannot believe I've been away so long...

No, things are much the same as before, I need fixing. I cannot stand or walk for long before things pop out. I maybe should've gone about it now and been fixed but I'm thinking of Mum and trying to see she's ok before I sort myself out. So there is lots of laying around or sitting to avoid the problem.

And my eyesight is playing up again(the floater problem)and when you have many that can get you down. That is not something that likely as not can be fixed and may remain the same or become worse in the future.

But if the hernia is fixed that gets rid of one probelm.

Mum was supposed to be seen by her consultant six weeks after coming out of hospital but we are now nearly two weeks past that date.

It happens...I heard a phone in on the radio, a man had broken his back and was in a collar but allowed home and told that after say 6 weeks he would be called in by the consultant(he wasn't)and contacted his Dr who investigated and was told they'd be touch again soon.

They still haven't been and he doesn't know whether he should be still wearing the collar etc...

Some of the care for Mum(such as the initial place where the operation happened and the actual operation was good)less so the after care.

Being near Christmas we'll try and hold off until January now. For both of us...Unless something happens and we have no choice.

17 December 2009 at 09:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home