My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heal Thy Self...

I suddenly thought, no one is checking Mum's operation wound.

They dressed it approx 8-10 days afterwards at the hospital they transferred her to for rehab and they liked how it was going on...the next day they took the staples out...If it had been looked at again and dressed just before she was discharged last Friday that would have been ok..

But since then...Nothing!

On her discharge letter they have nurses coming out at night to give blood clot prevention injections but the last of those is tomorrow night!

I phoned the GP surgery I was referred to the District Nurse service, they said a referral is needed from the hospital, I phoned them they are saying I did right to contact and they are now pulling out her details and going to call me back to see what happens next and who will/should be looking at Mum's wound. When things are going seemingly so well I would hate this to be a setback. If they said she has to go back into hospital that really would be upsetting for both of us.

So many numbers and departments to deal with. All Mum requires is a wound to be checked and dressed.

Update: Nurse has just been and she took the dressing off(Turns out she was the District Nurse after all)

A big scar certainly but it is healing well and it will probably fade still further and she said it is one of the neatest she has seen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home