My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

One Of Those Days..

After a reasonable couple of nights and not too bad days...I was awake up until after 3am and all seemed fine...

Then at 6.50am I heard something go over in Mum's room and I walked in to find she was in bed but the pillows were on the floor, the bedside table and everything on it overturned and the bedclothes untidy but she was on her back straight as she should be and asleep.

So I think from now on I may stay up through the night and keep a closer eye on Mum and catch up on my sleep during the day. Daytime seem not to be a problem.

She was also extremely tired this morning so I felt/wondered if my Consultant(whether the news was good or bad)give me my results over the phone.

I talked to his secretary and she went and asked him explaining the situation...By the time the taxi was due to take me through to the hospital I had heard nothing so I risked going through...

I was greeted with "We were not expecting you!" "We thought you were not coming!" "We have tried to phone you!"

I suspect they phoned whilst I was in the taxi...

As I had turned up I thought he might see me but instead I was told the good news that my blood tests were fine, I did not need to see him but because of this I had paid a taxi fare there and back, I could've saved almost £30...if they'd phoned before I travelled to the hospital!

Anyhow, that's good news regarding my tests at least...another appointment is being made but I don't know if that will be sooner or approx 2 months time as has been the case lately as the appointment is being arranged by mail rather than arranged as I usual do after I have seen him.

Mum is very sleepy today and so when the OT turned up today it was not going to be a good day but the annoying thing is that this person turned up saying again that Mum has not been doing her exercises and Mum has been, so rightly or wrongly I decided to say that I was unhappy with this lady's boss who we had on Monday and that if Mum had caught what was being said Mum would've corrected her and I admitted that I was unhappy and could've had an argument the other day but I again said that I appreciate that the public can be funny but we are so easy to get on with and we dislike creating un-necessary trouble.

I don't care if it gets back(as I am sure it will)should I/we have kept our mouths shut...I don't know...

The trouble is no one says until they visit what they are coming for...today this one sprung on us that she wanted Mum to walk up the garden path...it's been raining, it's cold etc...we don't really have a garden path...there is a drive at the front of the house which is on an incline and the garden at the back of the house has a narrow path and again it is on an incline.

Even when Mum was well she didn't really walk around the garden she tended to sit in the porch in a chair and look at the garden and only walk outside if she was going out somewhere.

This lady decided Mum was so tired that she would leave it today so was only here for maybe 5 minutes, she's coming back on Tuesday at 1.30pm but what she will do then I don't know.

Before she left Mum was determined to let her know that she had walked up and down the stairs often these last few days...and had been doing her exercises so she did show some of what she could do. Hopefully Mum will prove this more on Tuesday.

Must go back and read earlier posts but Mum gave me a shock, I know she wants to get better but she came downstairs to eat the evening meal as I was making it I heard some noises, went into the lounge and found her armchair was empty and she wasn't in the room...I found her almost at the top of the stairs going upstairs :shock:

And I don't know if she did(she says not)but I am sure she was using the wrong leg for going up which I stopped but of course she was using her sticks not the banister and even without spoiling the good work the surgeon did, initially as it's early days what if she had fallen again and down the stairs...

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Perhaps just tell them that your mother has been exercising: it may be a case of needing a different routine/set/type/no. of repetions of exercises...

Word verification: hatedemm

it seems you do (hate them!)

22 October 2009 at 17:06  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span ;-)

Things seem to be going well...Mum continues to walk and exercise as well as she did at the hospital...in some ways I think she walks better than me(LOL)

I'm starting to think that when I had my recent fall and hurt my legs, they've improved but I may've hurt my lower back and wonder if I have caused an injury that I did not have originally and I may find problems in the future...and not unsimilar to what Mum did originally to herself when she fell downstairs...

Thank heavens for painkillers(though I try to restrict how many I take)

25 October 2009 at 18:34  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Try to avoid them Gildy, I know it's difficult but they can lead to more problems themselves (the pain killers)

26 October 2009 at 20:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I totally agree Span...I took three over the weekend and have, touch wood improved since and avoided them since...

26 October 2009 at 22:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home