My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Going To Happen...

I do listen to quite a lot of radio drama(which still happens in the UK thanks to the BBC)and I used to go to the theatre a lot but it's been many years since I have done so for various reasons.

I don't watch so much drama on TV, then again I don't watch as many films as I used to.

However, I have found over the years before knowing who wrote the works that I have enjoyed certain authors/playwrights have been behind them. They have been born, brought up and lived in the North East of England so much of their work have characters that are based in the North and talk with Northern accents. In many ways they are stereotypes of how Northerners are supposed to be but they are always written with affection and so tongue in cheek. Their worlds are a bit weird and quirky as experienced in the series being replayed on another BBC radio station at present called "Winston Comes Back" written by Peter Tinniswood but he'll always be known for/associated with the TV series "I Never Knew You Cared!" and a character called Uncle Mort.

Sadly both of the writers I am thinking of are no longer with us and I had no idea that the other one Mike Stott had passed away earlier this year. The BBC is broadcasting his final radio work this week entitled "My Mad Grandad" For some time I had been wondering why I was not hearing any of his works on radio. One series I enjoyed some years ago was about an Estate Agent's Office and called "Bunn & Co"

Hopefully, their works will be repeated for many years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home