My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

What Is The Soundtrack Of Your Life?

I love music and there is very little I won't try and I am still discovering music being made today and from the past.

But are musical tastes governed by what we hear as we grow up in our formative years?

If so, well I am glad that I heard so many different genres and perhaps that is what is missing today, much of the official radio plays virtually the same type of music and unless you can access what is on the Internet or you are curious about music that is not around now, great amounts of music is being ignored or neglected.

Of course every decade has good and bad music but I have to say that if I was to choose a decade for pop music where virtually every song is perfect and I feel like singing along or I want to feel happy the 60's take some beating(that's personal to me)most of them still sound as good nearly 50 years on even though technology has probably improved over that time and now more than ever image has taken over with the pop video and the MTV generation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

This far too hard to answer...my taste in music has always been...erm...too diverse. I am quite happy still to listen to eardrum bashing Trance or relax with a violin concerto. Heavy rock or pop, country or jazz...a bit of everything!

29 March 2009 at 18:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think that I feel similar to you Span...but there is something about the "Pop" music of the 60's but because of the diverse taste I have it is a pity few radio stations play music of the 40's, 50's. They tend to start at the 60's upto today and play mainly what was in the charts only.

I am discovering thanks to programmes such as Suzi Quatro on Radio 2 many originals that I have not heard before and only them as covers that were made by British groups and they are sometimes better or as good as those I am familar with.

29 March 2009 at 23:13  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Suzi Quatro on Radio 2 eh? Will try to give it a listen...presumably it's late at night?

30 March 2009 at 11:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It's been a very good series but the new Radio 2 controller is fiddling with the station's schedule and there wass concern it is to be moved or taken off for a while and it's one of the station's most popular programmes from what has been said on the messageboards(which the radio board is being closed this weekend)

It has been on at 8pm Saturday nights. From next week it moves to 11pm on Thursday nights and available online via the BBC's IPlayer and I know people listen in Australia so I don't think the programme is blocked to overseas listeners. It is approx 1 hour in length.

2 April 2009 at 10:19  
Blogger Paul said...

I'm like you two when it comes to music, my tastes are too eclectic to say one artists or even one genre. I tend to do a lot of listening in the car these days and I think that is helping me concentrate more on the music than has been the case for a while.

10 April 2009 at 14:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home