My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Blood Pressure Up...

Did I mention that my blood pressure was up the last time I visited the hospital...well hold on a minute. My reading was near as normal(I think)or has been that and acceptable with my own consultant. But this replacement Dr seems to think otherwise.

I had a word with the nurse who took my bloods at the Dr'sa surgery today and she kind of agreed that if my reading was as I say when at the hospital it's reasonably controlled and in the "Normal" range so she took my Blood Pressure whilst taking bloods today.

Unfortunately...today it was on the high side...now there could be a reason...I had not taken my blood pressure tablets...Why?

Well, I did something last night I have never ever done before. I was supposed to be getting my vitamins out but instead I started getting my prescription drugs out and I took my BP tablets before going to bed and had taken them before realising what I had done.

So I thought having taken another dose in the same 24 period...I would not take them today but the nurse said even though I had made an error I should still have taken them today so I took them when I got home. If the reading was taken now maybe it would be lower. Of course if she has added that reading to my notes and the Dr at the hospital sees it, he may decide to look into things?

I was also told that the old fashioned way of taking readings which had mercury thermometer as part of the apparatus was more accurate than the new electronic types of machines that are use in the National Health Service.

So assuming I am not called in early because the bloods are wrong, I will when I get my next bloods taken in a fortnight again before seeing the Dr at the Hospital again ask for my Blood Pressure to be taken again and see if it has improved. I hope it has....Of course in isolation blood pressure readings mean very little as you could have a bad reading now...in an hour it could be perfect. It is a snapshot of the time that it is taken, it really needs to be taken over a period of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home