My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

If Someone Gave You £100...

Though welcome and you probably have fantasised what you would do with an unexpected windfall, you'd probably actually find it difficult to spend it because you will have so many things you feel the money should be used for. Luxury versus Necessity. Also, if you have to watch what you spend, you are likely to still try and get as much as you can for your money.

Tonight, I really did go out mainly looking for bread, milk and soup but I did actually go mad and I have no money left to speak of.

Some luxury items were purchased to try and see that although we've had our problems these past few weeks I want to try and have some kind of Christmas meal to remember with Mum. I have a small Turkey Joint(that I will be able to make a couple of meals out of)maybe some sandwiches, I cannot believe that I purchase a small joint of ham(I don't remember ever doing that before)I don't remember buying Christmas Crackers before and I nearly bought some luxury one's but many of the novelties in the expensive range were things like golf tees...no use for me so I found a box of 12 that seem to have a reasonable range of items inside and they only cost £5. If we're still here next year we can pull some of the unused crackers again.

I found lots of little items that we can use as extras to our Christmas meals and before or after the day. I do need to get some fruit and unfortunately maybe fresh vegetables(I have no room in the freezer for any frozen items)

I have a raspberry pavlova, Some kind of Belgium chocolate gateau and two small sherry trifles for deserts to follow. I managed to get some alcohol too(wine and some cider)I'm debating whether to get some vodka and Pymm's. So it's probably going to be a Merry Christmas after all.
And I must not forget to get some aluminium foil. I meant to have a new cooker by now. The state of my oven seeing I am so interested in food is a disgrace so early next year I hope to put that right. The only thing that could go wrong now would be if the cooker fails me on the day. Otherwise all should be ok.

I'm not boasting about this spend...but whilst you are able, do it...one day it may be impossible or you maybe watch the pennies most of the year so to splash out if you able is a good thing.

Being careful with money I just could not part with such a lot for a bottle of Pyms and the Vodka I fancied but I did get a rather large bottle of Vodka and Apple for under £2 and having never tried Pyms I bought a small can of Pyms mixed with Lemonade for around the same price. If I like it I may go the whole way but I'll decide after I try it. I must admit this is a one off luxury if I do so...

You'll realise from what I have said in previous blog entries if you are blessed with good friends and family that is what matters most above everything else. I've always felt that way but these last few weeks have brought that home more than anything. I do't think that I needed to be reminded but often people or things that are dear to you can be often taken for granted.

In case you do not return until the new year Seasons Greetings to you and yours for Christmas and I wish you Health, Wealth, Peace and Happiness for the coming year wherever you are in the world and whatever your faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home