My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 22, 2008

A New Interest...

Drink responsibly...

And I do realise that drink can cause problems...and in some parts of the world it is not acceptable on religious or cultural grounds but I have never really been a drinker and my health problems will probably mean due to water retention I cannot drink much anyhow. But I was told that I am allowed to drink alcohol in moderation. And in case one day I am unable I may as well try it whilst I can.

So my new interest is...

Making Cocktails(alcoholic and non-alcoholic)

You can go into this in a big way and buy lots of equipment or keep it simple. I'm sure that there are many recipes that are delicious(and some that are really awful)lots of cocktails I've never heard of and many that get mentioned in books and plays. Who hasn't heard of a Harvey Wall banger and/or a Screwdriver?

Well here's some great sites you may like to try...

Cocktail UK

In The Spirit

Great Cocktails

Alex's Cocktail Recipes

So one cocktail was mentioned by a friend on a message board and tonight on the way home in a taxi I mentioned how I was thinking of(but being careful)maybe making Cocktails as a hobby. And the Taxi driver said his Mum loves 'em and out of all he could mention he said the same one again so I guess it's popular so I have to try it don't I?

The ingredients are Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Vodka, Peach Schnapps and a Lime Wedge and it is mixed over ice and goes into a Hi-Ball Glass but I suppose you could make a smaller one.

What do they call this cocktail? Sex On The Beach.

I purchased glasses of various types, a cocktail shaker, some white rum, gin, brandy, tonic water, soda water but I have never drunk any of these so I won't know if I like them or how other ingredients will hide or alter their taste? And I bet I still have not purchased certain items(I cannot get Ginger Ale anywhere)that I should've to make some I wish to try. I'll learn. I was let down a little as some items were not available. The measurements on the above are given in shots so I can cheat and use the small shot glasses I purchased.

And a friend has told of another popular cocktail I have heard of and seems easy to do...Tequila Sunrise.

It's a bit late I'm afraid but the following articles appeared in the Daily Mail Weekend Magazine a few weeks ago(which I bought)and the Eggnog Syllabub featured looks wonderful but you'll need to change the servings depending on how many there are of you...I don't think I am able to make them this year but I wish I had been able to and I may still try in the next few weeks but here's a link...

Eggnog Syllabub

Once again Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year...and "Bottoms Up!"

PS I have added a few more items to my store of booze ;-)

But do remember you can have fun without the alcohol and find plenty of cocktails to enjoy that booze is not required so if it's against your faith or you are teetotal you can still join in.

Apologies if on a couple of the cocktail sites you find some have names that may offend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home