My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

They Don't Help Themselves...

Last week there was a promotion where if you purchased any vitamin in their own range they would give you for free a tube of effervescent re-energise tablets so as I needed some Vitamin C and Zinc tablets I thought I'd buy them there.

Today they had some kind of promotion where if you bought Vitamins you could have for free a little box containing 4 sachets of some kind supplement that you open and swallow(you do not need to put the contents into water)it has other ingredients and seems a good product. I did not need any more vitamins so tried to buy the product as normal.

The product had fastened to the shelve a price tag of 1p...I know, too good to be true but I thought, that's the price being displayed on all the areas where the product was displayed so I grabbed 5 boxes and waited to find out how much each box cost. If reasonable I might've still purchased them. Even if more than 1p.

Not only could they not find a price for the product on the computer where all prices are stored at the checkout, you could only have them for free if you bought other items and they would not sell them as a product in their own right.

So we have, what appears to be a new product that you not allowed to purchase. Someone in the promotions and sales seems to be failing in their work. I give up!

Update:I returned for my prescription today and guess what it is still not ready. We're back to their old ways again...I am almost out of my steroids and you cannot just stop suddenly, if I go out specially tomorrow I add to the cost by having to use a taxi and the effort it takes to go out.

They have now promised to deliver my drugs to my home between 3pm-5pm tomorrow, if they do not the Dr's surgery is closed over the weekend and I am not too sure where we go from there.

It's anecdotal but I was discussing this with another taxi driver on the way home and he was telling me of all the problems he had experienced similar to me and he has now cancelled his repeat prescription with Boots and gets it from somewhere else(he had gone without his tablets for two days)that's fine if you have access to transport and you can go wherever you wish but some of us are unable to do that.

As for the product I mentioned on promotion earlier in this entry...I found it on the shelf and they are normally available in boxes containing 20 sachets and they cost £5.99 a box. So they are approx 30p per sachet. So compared to some supplements quite expensive in reality.

And earlier today I have returned from my regular check up at the hospital and I do not think things are as good as they could've been. I have to go back earlier next month for my next check up. I have not had my tablets reduced this time and I have to have a more extensive blood test but instead of having it done at the Dr's surgery so the information is available for the Consultant I have to have it taken at the hospital and that means for a few days I will be worrying waiting for a possible phone call with news that I may not wish to hear. I got the impression things were not as good as they could've been.

And then when I came home I discovered a massive form I have to fill in.

It must be wonderful to be able to be financially independent.

If you have lots of savings, you probably could say no until the savings run out but it doesn't take long for that to happen.

If you are starting out after school or university and perhaps live with parents you can avoid joining the job market until you wish to because in effect parents give you free room and board.
And that keeps you from having to take help and all the conditions attached...Someone near me is in that situation I think. I'm envious.

Then some have no choice.

I thought I'd seek help from an advisor at the Citizen's Advice(an organisation in the UK that offer help on just about anything you can think of)who has always been such a help to me, but the earliest I can see her is in 15 days time!

That only goes to show how many people are seeking help and advice on so many problems and need to use a charity offering free advice. The recent economic situation has put a strain on the service.

What advice do I need? Hopefully, very little it's more just a check that I have not missed a tick here or a tick there. Or I have not misunderstood something. At least I hope that's all it is.

How am I? All the symptoms I have talked of previously still exist but also often breathless when doing small tasks and tired. Also, I find myself being very hot and sweaty. The only really good things today was that my blood pressure was good 126/89 and my weight was not much different but for a couple of lbs(but I am a couple of stone heavier than I should be and the cholesterol still needs to come down)and I have painful knee joints and cramps in my legs. I still have water retention, you don't want me to go into greater detail about that and where it is. Its not in the leg area that's for sure. And as for that hernia...

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Keep staying positive Gildy, it might not be bad news just a different way of doing things. Do you renew your prescription online? I only ask because I've just received a note from my chemist saying I can do it online now - it might save you some taxi fares.

21 November 2008 at 18:56  
Blogger Curmy said...

Oh Gildy, what a frustrating day for you , I'm so sorry .(HUGS)

I do hope you manage to get all your problems sorted out, and please try not to worry too much about the blood test .

21 November 2008 at 21:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks for the positive comments Paul and Curmy.

Regarding the prescription Boots redeemed themselves and my prescription was delivered to my home on time as promised.

And I guess in future if they are not ready when I am in the shop this could be an option.

22 November 2008 at 03:43  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, the Boots in our town delivers to peoples homes,especially if they are disabled, or their prescriptions are not ready on time .

I'd go for that option if I were you !

22 November 2008 at 10:32  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Well done to Boots even if the delievery was due to their not having the order ready beforehand.

Chin up Gildy...get in that kitchen and invent something...always a good way to relax..unless to break something (dishes not bones!) or your efforts taste like shite afterwrds! :-)

...hehehe, I know I've mentioned this before (and Paul has too) but the word verification is frysphil...know anyone called Phil that could 'help' in the with the cooking?) ;-)

22 November 2008 at 12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home