My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Stating The Obvious...

Is it such a bad thing?

If it costs the consumer a lot of money and they being parted from it with ease because the public is gullible...perhaps...but if it helps the consumer make the right choice and improve their health, then I'm all for it. In general this seems a reasonably good plan to follow, you could carry a list of foods and their ratings around with you to check agaianst but it's so easy I doubt you need to do that.

It's a fair bet if you are having a varied diet and you have no medical reasons why you are unable to eat certain foods that we all know that eating fruit, vegetables, lean meat and fish you will get all the nutrients and minerals that your body needs to keep as healthy as possible.

Unfortunately, even if do all the right things, things still go wrong so then you can only say that you tried, that you ate such a diet because you enjoyed the experiences. That possibly it stopped other conditions arising or getting worse.

So a story has broken in the British press which I have read in at least two national newspapers The Sun and The Daily Mail. There is a new system being adopted by some supermarkets in the USA(more are likely to take it up I suspect as it gains more publicity)

It's said that it allows the consumer to not have to consider looking at the ingredients and information panels on the packaging of food when you are buying it and cut through a lot of the un-necessary stuff that by law the manufacturer has to put on the product.

It works on a points principle so if it says 100 that means it's very good for you and if it's not so good the number may be 10.

Even then all it's really saying is do not eat this often. Even good food if you never varied what you eat would probably not be advisable.

The newspaper articles give examples of the foods already categorised but the actual website of the company behind the research shows all the foods that have been given a rating and make it clear that more are to follow.

But basically, the rules are try and eat fresh food that is as natural as it possible can be. It seems as good as any set of rules of how to choose what to eat.

The more I read about food, I find without being obsessed about it or staying healthy I am doing all the right things without thinking about it and I doubt that I can do any more.

The NuVal Nutritional Scoring System

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home