My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Eleven Days And Counting...

So I accompanied Mum to the Dr's for her appointment and whilst there I thought I'd see if my prescription was ready for collection which I requested on Friday(if it was) it saved me waiting for it to go to over the pharmacy on the town(Boots)to be dispensed. Then I do not need to go there tomorrow after my blood test at the Dr's surgery and I can get a taxi and come straight home.

It was ready and all was well...WRONG!

After waiting 20 minutes for the prescription to be made up for both of us...I discover that once again they can only supply 5 tablets of one of my drugs so will have to owe me again some of my prescription which means making a special trip to pick up the remainder. That's 23 tablets short.

Before that...from my previous blog entry you'll remember it was getting only half a box of Steroids that they owed me 14 tablets which someone called Michelle promised would be put aside for me and would waiting for collection. You'll remember that I have forgotten to go in to get those missing tablets but they should've been just waiting for collection as of 11 days ago.

Guess what! They've not been put aside for me and the assistant's could not do anything because Michelle was on her lunch so could I call back? I'll give them until tomorrow morning(not that they know this)as I have to have that blood test, I can call in as I pass, I have other business but if it's not ready and today's is not completed, I think I will actually make an official complaint to Head Office(for what good it will do)and/or switch to the pharmacy that exists in the local supermarket in the new part of town, then I can do both my shopping and collect my prescription at the same time and Boots will have lost most if not all of my business for the future.

In general most of the assistant's are polite and helpful but the actual service stinks, I think I am fair and rarely complain but you'll know from previous entries on my Blog this kind of error has been going on for months and it's getting no better.

If my mobility was good, my extra problem with my knee and ligament was ok, I did not have a hernia to deal with and have to use a taxi to do my basic shopping I probably would not mind so much(I only live about 5-6 minutes from the town centre)but when it costs £2-£3 in each direction...it all adds to the expense. And means making extra un-necessary trips.

Talking of supporting local retailer's, I decided(I'll say more next time)to visit the local butcher and buy some Lamb and/or Pork mince and make some home made burgers...I couldn't even buy that. It's unavailable until tomorrow afternoon(and I'm not making another special journey just for that)so again, if the local supermarket can supply, they've got my business again.

Does any business want to be a success these days?

Update:The prescription from yesterday is still not ready(The new stock does not arrive until after Lunchtime)so another trip is needed later in the week. The steroid tablets still were not ready and no sign of Michelle. Now I am told that I should have returned all the packaging of the tablets(even though I was told not to or it didn't matter)Michelle was still unavailable but this time, they did give me them without talking to her. It looked as though(before I put my foot down)that they were actually going to refuse letting me have the missing tablets.

I am now shattered after a long morning that probably could've/should've taken only approx an hour or so to sort out and get back home. So I plan to do as little as possible. There are some good programmes on the radio(drama, music and documentaries)and if I don't fall asleep I will be listening to them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Why am I not surprised by your trouble getting the tablets Gildy! I think I hinted as much before.

Well, all's well that ends well...ish.

17 August 2008 at 13:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home