My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Shattered...

A day where I have done very little and probably seem very lazy...

I must consider investing in a larger pair of trousers or maybe this will give me the incentive to lose weight(by eating a little less)Exercise is out I'm afraid.

My hernia has been playing up again(well, a little more than recent times)it's popping out more so seems larger but then again, it's been a little easier to get back into the proper position. The only problem being how regular it moves unless I lay flat on my back on my bed and that seems the easy option which allows some comfort to some extent.

I received a letter from the Dr's surgery suggesting that I contact them because my recent blood test had thrown up some unusual results(But I have ignored that)because at the time the letter was written and being mailed out I had been seen by consultant who checks the results and who I have the tests done for and he's happy with how things are going as my own Dr(at the surgery is)and so their views override what is an automatic procedure the surgery has in position. It's good in one way that they are on the ball and ready to contact me but in another way had I not known already how my Consultant and Dr feel, receiving such a letter could alarm me un-necessarily and add to my stress and worry. I am to some extent, expecting these letters every time I have a test now and because I already know the results I just forget about them.

I accompanied Mum to see her Dr today and collect her prescription. Of late she's been unsteady on her feet and had a few falls around the home. There's a difference of 30+ years between us but what with her hanging on to me when attempting to walk and me walking with the use of a walking stick, I'm not sure either of us could've managed to walk much further than we did and coming out of the Dr's surgery we both having walked only a short distance sat down on a seat for a little rest. Almost having decided to order a taxi for a ridiculously small amount of distance and a crazy price to reach the chemist to collect the prescription, hence taking the walk slowly and trying to get some exercise.

Whilst Mum waited for her prescription at the chemists(I popped into the freezer shop)just facing onto the chemists. Having been market day there was no bread and very little milk on any of the shelves.

I struggled to pop some fruit flavoured still water, marmalade, milk and ice cream into a shopping bag alongside my TV listings mag. I could carry no more(That took some doing)but at least if I dropped the bag, it was items unlikely to be damaged or it would not matter if it did, knowing I would not be carrying it for long and using a taxi service and the drivers deliver what I purchase. And Mum was around to help share the load. I wanted some fruit and eggs but I hadn't the energy to attempt looking for them. I couldn't manage to go to the only baker's still open that might have any bread...might being the word. In my mind I thought if I make the effort and am disappointed I've wasted time and energy.

Luckily, Mum took the risk and managed to find what appeared to be the last small loaf of wholemeal and a white which she managed to have sliced. But again, fortunately, the baker's was near the chemists so only a few feet away from where we were which because of her being unsteady, I'm happy it was as close as it was.

We could manage no more. We then had to wait up to 15 minutes for a taxi. Summer it may be but it was cold, wet, windy and just plain horrible. More like the Fall or Winter. All we wanted to do was come home, have a rest and lay down.

We'll have our evening meal a little later, try to watch a little TV and I know I'll look forward to bedtime when I hope I'll get a decent night's sleep. Tomorrow, well, I can hope that just maybe it might be better than today.

And by Friday...it's my birthday and I reach a milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home