My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 30, 2008

39 Again!

Yep, It's that time of year again.

Happy Birthday to me!

Think I'll always remain aged 39. How are you meant to feel at any age? Who knows. We spend too much time concentrating on age in our society. Age is but a number. Of course with great age can come experience and wisdom. Hopefully, respect but all we are doing is marking time and when you see your life stretched out in front of you, it seems a long road to travel but once past a certain point, all too easily you realise the road is not as long as it once seemed and you find there is more of it behind you.

So I can honestly say that I feel no different(I probably am in a subtle way)how could I not be affected by events in my life. But I do still hold onto my sense of wonder bout the world, the universe and nature. Hopefully, I still have compassion and a sense of humour and not complain just for the sake of it. I hope that my ideals have not been compromised. And I have my sense of humour intact.

Anything special planned. Well, not really...just happy to still be around and that those closest to me to share it with whatever the future year has in store.

I have received some wonderful greetings from friends(You know who you are ;-)

I plan to take things real easy...and I have a couple of gifts that I'm happy with(it doesn't take much to keep me happy)

I have risked some drink to celebrate my Birthday later(not much)I don't need it to be happy and anyone who knows me for no particular reason I can go for months and years without. I have some blank DVD's(the offer was buy one, get one free)and for £5(quite a bargain)I have a remastered 3 cd set featuring the back catelogue of Elvis Presley(an artist I don't really have any of in my music collection)containing 90 tracks. That's all his UK no. 1 hits and the rest all having been in the top 10 of the charts.

I've looked outside and the weather is dull, it doesn't seem too warm and it's obviously been raining(some parts of the country have had it bad with homes and businesses flooded out in the past few hours)but at least it's not been blamed on global warming but flash floods and the inability for the system to cope with the sudden downpour.

So I guess that's it.

Unless something unexpected happens, it's a day for taking it easy. Then again if you've read my previous blog entries of late, could I do much else?

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Belated happy birthday Gildy! Sorry to not have posted sooner and clearly I've missed a fe wpost but I have popped in a few times and was unable to post a comment (couldn't see the letters!) If you check your stats you may note a few from Iran in the last week!

By coincidence I'll be 39 again thsi summer! :-)

I used to like Elvis P a lot and can still lsiten to some of the hits bit not all: some seem to have aged less well than others.

Weather is a bit dull here too but I've missed all the rain they had in the last couple of weeks here (it was needed badly!)

This wisdom and experience thingy...when does that happen?

:-)

31 May 2008 at 12:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span,
Yes, I'm pretty postive and happy and sometimes when talking of illness posts can sound negative.

It's was a quiet day but enjoyable...

A lot of Elvis' material was rigfht at the time but in retrospect not as good as we maybe believed.

His films(I was discussing this on the phone with Curmy)were poor and probably affected by the Dollar signs in the movie studio's eyes and what Colonel Tom Parker would or would not allow him to do throughout his career.

At £5 for 90tracks I think I have the best of his volume of work and can disregard what I see as being not so good.

Some artists I can understand trying to have all they recorded, others, I think you have to just take the popular stuff and say that it represents their life's work.

You've been around a few places of late which sounds in many cases interesting and beautiful.

Glad you are safe.

Ahh, yes I think 39 is a very comfortable age to stick at and apart from certain parts of the body starting to slow down or(Drop off)I do believe we should all stop thinking of age which society insists on doing.

It happens all the time in the media(especially newspapers)Mrs Smith(aged 45)said...

Or just because of how someone looks we assume they are older or perhaps younger than they are.

And long may we never lose that sense of fun(and a twinkle in the eye)even though we find many things to be grumpy about when we see some injustice going on. It always has and always will.

31 May 2008 at 14:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home