My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 25, 2008

If I Say Things Continue To Improve...

It may give the impression that I am cured. My condition needs controlling and stabilising.

I suspect it's for life. It will flare up and deteriorate over time. But thanks to strong drugs and the fact that I am fortunately responding to treatment. I can happily say that having attended my hospital appointment earlier today, I am continuing to go in the right direction. Which is that I am still around.

Unfortunately, it's all down to the Immune System going haywire. And such conditions cannot be explained why they happen, you have to deal with and try and halt them worsening.

Steroids though wonderful, they prefer you to reduce your dosage as soon as possible(even though you cannot come off them immediately)if you no longer take them, you still have to tell any Dr or medical person you see that you were on them even after a year. They are that powerful.

It is preferred that you be off them totally but some people have to be on them for life at the lowest dosage possible.

I am monitored for Liver Function, Full Blood Count, Bone, Urea and Electrolytes.(This test measures the functioning of your kidneys and the level of various salts in the body)It may also highlight dehydration after diarrhoea illness or vomiting. It may give clues as to how well kidneys are working.

Treatment would be changed accordingly.

Once more the decision has been made to try and reduce the amount I take daily. I will be seen in four weeks instead of two(as far as I can see this is due to the fact that medical staff are on holiday leave and the clinics are very busy at present)

For the past ten years I have been seen by my Consultant but these past few months, I have been seen by other staff that have been brought in to handle extra appointments and on occasions my Consultant has not seen me at all or fleetingly. Though he is advising them what I should be doing.

Blood pressure has improved which I am pleased about as with any Kidney problem raised pressure can cause further damage. The news is welcome and it does mean I can feel positive and thankful how things are progressing.

I am fortunate in that I able to rest and take things easy which I think will always be a requirement, I could not get into a routine where I could say that each day I could do certain tasks on a regular basis and it's the resting that helps avoid me being tired. And of course until I have my other problem fixed, that restricts what I am capable of.

However, all in all it's been a good day.

Update:April 28th I receive a letter from my Dr and the surgery saying my Liver test has thrown up something and I should be seen. I am hopeful it's a lack of communication between the Hospital/Consultant and my Dr as from this entry you know I was told that I could reduce my medication and be seen at the end of May. And the Consultant had all the information to hand and it's just perhaps my Dr being on the ball and over cautious. I hope so, I hope something wasn't spotted after I'd been to the hospital.

I've sent a letter in to ask if I really still have to be seen and whether something has changed. And I await contact to tell me one way or the other but I'm hoping it's just a mix up and means nothing. After all, this test must have shown up and my Consultant not mentioning it suggests, it was not something to worry over...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home