My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Extravagant...

Posted by Picasa
Well, perhaps...after visiting the Dr's for my blood test, I decided to get as much shopping done as possible to avoid unnecessarily having to go out.
I've taken in recent weeks to eating a reasonable Breakfast each morning and returned to having a "Big" bowl of Porridge.
I usually buy a big bag of the Supermarkets own brand of Organic Porridge Oats, it's good quality, wholesome and well priced.
Today, I found a box with roughly the same amount of contents but it had added extra's. I don't know if I'll buy it again but it looks yummy. Maybe, it's a case of being extravagant as it cost double what my normal product choice does. And I could take the easy way and add fruit myself and that would be less expensive. We'll see.
Why is it special? They've added Cranberries, Raspberries and Sultanas to the mix. Whatever it certainly, won't do any harm.
In fact, I added quite a lot of fruit to my shop today and did very well. Also, having not done so for years, I decided to add what is in effect some fresh fish(as opposed to frozen fish)and I'm looking forward to being a little bit more creative in the Kitchen and experiencing new flavours.
There are some varieties of fish I have rarely tasted as we usually stick to the old favourites of Cod and Haddock(usually in batter)or we still enjoy cod and haddock fish fingers but today I purchased some Mackerel, Salmon, Lemon Sole and Rainbow Trout. So some tasty dishes are soon going to be enjoyed. In some ways a little bit expensive but split between two people and as a main meal with other items added, I suppose it's a good choice.
I hope this will also mean my diet continues to improve.
Update:I am mixing a little of the new designer porridge with the ordinary(it will last longer)and one thing I can verify already is that the new one is packed with fruit and looks very good. They have not skimped on the contents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home