My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Great Show From The Happy Cats...

But for the size of venue too loud to be honest and I was glad that I had my earplugs. So without them I suspect my ears would be ringing...

What accomplished musicians the Happy Cats are for a trio and what a varied choice of music...popular songs, unknown songs, Irish and British Folk songs, newer songs and older songs...

What to  say to illustrate their range? Difficult. The main singer/musician was a member of the popular "Pop" group Lindisfarne which had a big following especially in the North East of England and often had a series of concerts annually around Christmas time.

Coincidence? Probably but if you do believe in divine intervention...Is someone special watching over me and saying everything will be fine?

I have mentioned  two songs that I associate with my dear Mum in previous posts and have linked to them in the past.

The Happy Cats included one of them in their set...*"Can't Help Falling In Love With You" and the previous night at the live music event on my own town The John Ritson Band performed a very faithful version of a song Joe Brown has made popular in recent years of a song from the 1920's **"I'll See You In My Dreams"

I have relinked to the songs in this post with different versions to previous ones.

*Katherine McPhee and Andrea Bocelli
**Cliff Edwards "Ukulele Ike"

It was a cold one last night even with all my attempts to stay warm(thermals, scarves, hat, gloves, thick socks)jumper, shirt and big coat. The cold still got through to me. And coming home a kind of icy fog had come down. So it was an effort to attend the concert but well worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home