My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Nurse That Called Today...

Said she did not know anything that had happened in recent weeks(that could be true)but I suspect that they all are in the picture. However, this one has seen the carer at work and she also knows what I do for Mum and she is more approachable.

Again, this one has told me that I am doing a "Good job" of caring for Mum(I'm not after praise)and I must avoid being paranoid about every little mark that may mean something not as clean as it could be but no one could be kept as clean as Mum(not even on a hospital ward)but who got me this way and who upset the carer, Mum and myself?

Its thanks to this one that we were given access to some extra medical items that were costing us a fortune, this one is looking into getting us a supply of some nutritional drinks on prescription so its a change from Mum drinking Complan which though good we are purchasing and this nurse also goes out of her way to get us other items we require on prescription when we are getting low.

She is also trying to sort out a problem we have with the Social Worker about Mum's bath routine...its too early at 9.30am(three times a week)Mum is half asleep. We are trying to change it to 11am-Midday or in the afternoons but if later morning works Mum keeps the carer she knows and likes. The earlier time often means Mum is so tired/asleep or not awake enough. So it really does not do Mum any good and adds to the stress for both of us rather than helping us.

To use an old expression she is "Good Egg!"

The good news is that it appears that once again we have three days where we are being left alone and can enjoy each others company over the New Year which again proves that we are managing quite well for now...and we have some quality time.

The carer and nurse call enough to see if anything is wrong regading Mum's condition and the care she receives.

The overall opinion is that Mum's skin looks healthy and the tumour seems to be remaining quite settled and intact, hopefully all good signs for when she sees the Consultant next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home