My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Sometimes Think...

Because you have to tidy up a little and get Mum ready upon waking, the argument that by having a paid carer brought in by a Social Worker to look after the person will save "You" the main carer some time for yourself, I actually feel until the person is really in need of care because they have gone down hill health wise, they can get in the way.

They can make a condition worse or stress out(unintentionally)the person they are meant to help. And where I can do tasks at a leisurely pace I am being rushed. And I have to put in at least an hour before the person arrives. And it doesn't take into account that perhaps during the night the person has been restless or may have needed some extra care so when morning comes around we may be tired and would like that extra rest but you look at the clock and reluctantly rise. And you do anyhow, as you are worry that you'll oversleep.

It reminds me a little of the old joke where someone hires a domestic cleaner to do their home(and actually go around cleaning the home before the cleaner arrives)so its presentable for the cleaner and you've in theory done the work you hired the cleaner to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

As an anecdote to your joke at the end, I always cleaned AFTER the maid did her stuff (this was in Venezuela where we had a gardener too, not rich or posh, just the ay things were.)

I hope your Christmas went well, I've read your posts so know you think it wasn't the best Christmas for you or your mum but when family are sick or whatever you have to realise that Christmas can be/is just another day.

Re laptop sound, DO NOT get another sound or video card, don't even think it. Just buy a set of mini speakers to plug in (via USB or other) and you can have excellent sound for very little cost.

28 December 2011 at 09:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds a great idea Span but the truth is...the audio file(Music)sounds the same when playing on the desktop pc's upstairs.

So the problem is happening before you play the file back...I've fiddled with the settings(Increasing volume, decreasing volume, increasing the bit rate, recording in Wav form, mp3 form etc...)no improvement :-(

I agree with what you say about Christmas in many respects is like another day, we even got out of giving presents just for the sake of it some years ago realising that enjoying each others company was enough.

28 December 2011 at 10:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home