My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Shop...

Well, that's the Christmas shop out of the way. I did not buy much but today proves how small my fridge freezer really is but I've squeezed it all in...and it still cost a fair bit.

I realise only too well if I was alone how I would be looking at prices more and thinking can I afford that and what are the essentials. For now though all that concerns me is buying the best of what's available quality and variety wise so Mum has the best and I guess myself too as I have a medical condition too.

I was out at 6.30am(I can hardly believe that)but I thought if I don't taxi's may be difficult to get later in the day and whereas I buy what we need others stack the the shopping trolley's high and empty the shelves(and the supermarkets all open again the day after Christmas)so the one on our town is closed for 26 hours...

There is talk of(I heard on the radio)but I am sure this has already happened if the shop is owned by someone who does not follow the Christian religion they'll open on Christmas Day but now there is talk of any shop possibly opening on Christmas afternoon.

The only thing I was not really happy was with the choice or lack of bread/bread buns but hey, I have something. I understand the shop was busy all through the night. I thought that I may be able to get some cooked chicken breasts and some of the sliced turkey with stuffing I found earlier in the month but in the end I had to buy fresh chicken breasts(to cook later)and I did not want to pay £12-£15 upwards for a turkey etc...so luckily there were some Turkey joints(with stuffing)for £5 so I settled for that.

I had to pop back this afternoon though, as this morning my taxi driver managed to drop my large sherry trifle and though most of it remained intact, it was a bit of a mess and the lid came off.

I managed to get the last sherry trifle in the supermarket, just waiting for me.

I have unfortunately realised as I write this forgotten one item, but I'm not going back out for that, Cranberry sauce to serve with the turkey.

I was also thinking of buying a juice extractor so Mum can get the goodness out of vegetables if she does not feel like eating them but perhaps they had sold out of them or none were in stock. I already have a good food processor that also liquidises and an older liquidiser that could fail soon. They're fine for making smoothies and blending but that's still not the same as making a juice from fruit or vegetables.

I'll pop into another retailer later in the week and see what they've got. Perhaps there could be some in a sale. In the meantime I found some vegetable juices already in cartons so I've purchased some and extra cartons of tomato juice.

Its funny how tastes change I would never of eaten tomato soup, tomatoes or drank tomato juice now I quite enjoy them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home