My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

There's Clean And There's Ultra Clean...

The carer's cleaned and creamed Mum...I know all about keeping things clean especially with Mum's health issues...

But after the blanket bath she said two towels were dirty...I've checked them out. One has no marks or soiling of any kind, the other has a very faint and really small(and I mean really small)mark of make-up. I'm not sure I can even measure the mark.

However...

More important things are on our minds with the hospital appointment and what they will do about the reduction/removal of Mum's growth...I don't think leaving it there and doing nothing is an option. I hope that's not what he's going to suggest...

I don't know what to think to be honest, I'm jumping the gun, I must wait and see how the meeting goes.

The tumble drier is supposed to be being delivered today but I've told them to deliver it as soon as possible because of the hospital appointment. I could've waited until Friday(I suspect)but if this arrives, I have everything at last.

The washer is still fine and seems to be working well...but we do have one slight problem. There was on Sunday when it was installed, there was a small drip from the connection to the water supply in the cupboard but not enough to measure or decide when it actually happens...the plumber said he wanted to return and sort it out but I forgot about this for a few days and found earlier today the cupboard shelve soaking wet so I'll have to get it fixed. Probably too much for today...

Yesterday when in the supermarket another shopper heard me talking about Mum...She offered me a lift home with my shopping as she wanted to give Mum and myself hope and support through Mum's illness as her husband has had a similar scenario.

They offered another option as to which hospital to attend(having said that, I think the surgeons/consultants we are seeing are from one of the top hospitals in the area and they do surgeries at other hospitals in the area, that's how Mum is seeing this expert later today)I don't know if the care and treatment is any better there...he wasn't offered chemo, They gave him radio therapy...he lost some of his liver(when the cancer came back)but I understand within three months a liver can repair itself and become full size again(his has)the cancer came back and was all around his stomach area and was so bad his wife thought...this is the end...he was given radio therapy, he's clear of the disease, he's still here and still interested in life. So hopefully, if Mum can stand the treatment perhaps there is hope of her being here for a few more years yet, if her body can take the treatment and the Dr's are willing to give it a try.

She emphasised how important diet is to beat the disease and slow it down...so she mentioned eating many of the foods I would suggest to build up weight and strength...tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower as examples...this would be so even if you are fit and do not have cancer.

I guess I better stop and get ready so we are on time for the appointment...wish us well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home