My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 24, 2011

I've Got That Washer Habit...

I've got myself a laundry basket and some more items for when I wash clothes. Now all the regularly used clothes, towels and bedding is washed. I am looking at the three programmes the washer manufactuurer seems to be pushing in its instruction manuel...It is said to benefit the environment not least because you avoid heating the water up, you actually use cold water. And the wash cycle can last as little as 30minutes. Seems strange to me but I may be surprised.

I have managed to get some of the items I purchased last week even cheaper but I could've got some things cheaper today if I'd known the offers available in two shops. Same products/different prices.

But we're only talking pennies...and my Surf wash liquid made up for that in one way...as last week I paid £2 for a bottle that did 18 washes. Today I managed to buy a bottle that does 28 washes and costs £3(it normally costs approx £4.50)

I invested in some more Astonish Stain remover but also in case of colours bleeding onto another garment if you have a mixed colour wash I bought some of those sheets you put in with a wash and also some items to help if you are washing delicate coloured clothes. I still managed to get everything for approx £10 and I have enough stuff to keep me going for a while.

I did a very quick shop just to top up the fridge/freezer and the bread cupboard. So it wasn't a very expensive shopping trip at all.

I spent most money on replenishing the supply of complan...and I have no plans to go out any more for quite some time...

What an exciting day...

Well, I'm away to make Mum's evening meal soon, Mum's asked for a fried egg, potatoes and spaghetti and just maybe I can persuade her to have something afterwards...I always feel a sense of achievement when I can say I have managed to get food into Mum.

To be honest there may be a time sooner or later when Mum will need more care than now but there are so many people popping in and out I think she is getting a bit tired of it all...The District Nurse brought with her what I assume was a trainee and yes they all have to learn but I suspect the reason was to show her Mum's tumour and prepare her for what she may see when she does this kind of work.

There was as far as I could see no other reason for disturbing Mum. And this particular District Nurse has never looked at it yet when she has called to see Mum. Only today.

Though in fairness thanks to DN we have had access to some help and items to make things easier for Mum.

Even Mum is saying that she is looking forward to a day(tomorrow)where no one calls...

Mum is used to the regular visits from her carer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home