My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Little Trivia...



For many years I have thought how nice it might be to have something a little Christmassy around Christmas.

Being only the two of us, we haven't bothered too much with decorations but I have seen plates with Christmas designs on which I though would brighten up Christmas Dinner and have never got around to buying any so yesterday I saw the following and bought them.

I only purchased enough for the two of us and if any should get broken we will be short but as they will only come out a few times each year, I could not see the point of buying too many.

However, I think when December arrives I may use them over the month and get a decent use out of them.

With all the doom and gloom and worries of how the future may pan out we need something to brighten things up.

I can imagine one day me being alone sitting in a poky flat trying to have a Christmas and still using some of these for myself.

Christmas can be a happy time but also a very sad time for some and I can understand why some find this time of year difficult to get through.

Next year we have the census again(I hate filling forms in)My Father used to take care of that but I remember doing the last two...However, there is another survey being planned I am unsure how it's going to be collected...whether a survey will pop through the door, whether people will stop you in the street or maybe it will be added to the Census.

In these hard times our Prime Minister has been saying what a wonderful Country this still is...and he wants to know how happy we all feel and how our well being is.

The idea has not gone down very well for many reasons I am sure you can work out for yourself not least how much this exercise will cost when we are all tightening our belts ourselves or because it is being forced upon many of the population.

Superficially I think we are happy but if we look too deeply into the future I am sure many will be saying no, it's just that at present the harsh reality still has not hit home and most of these changes will start to come in early in the New Year.

Unless something unexpected happens I am determined to have as good a festive season as we possibly can...

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

That's a nice set Gildy, not sure I like the shape of the mug but the tree on the white plate and the red contrast of the bowl is quite pretty. In fact as the 'stump' of the tree is double it looks like the legs someone standing there in a Christmas tree suit! :-)

16 November 2010 at 21:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span...

I was quite pleased with them and so far the response has been quite positive...and I can see what you mean :-)

We don't have hardly anyone to send to cards to or to receive them from...

As long as we have each other, Something nice to eat and drink, can stay warm and can play some nice music(I have a couple of music DVD's that Mum may enjoy...)that will be good enough for me...

17 November 2010 at 00:31  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Well said Gildy, although it is 'a special' time of year most of the goodwill get lost in gaudy stuff and people feeling they 'must' do and buy this that or the other.

17 November 2010 at 09:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home