My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 19, 2009

First It Was The Aycliffe Head, Now it's The Swirl...

So new, that I am having difficulty finding suitable images and links to the newest sculpture, The Swirl which has been erected in another Norther location but once again manufactured by the same company that were behind the Aycliffe Head...

It is probably a drop in the ocean and I know art is in the eye of the beholder but I can only think what has this cost to the tax payer.

I don't think it is any better than the Aycliffe Head...sorry.

The Swirl

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

waste of time, waste of space, waste of money...

19 June 2009 at 19:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

At best it keeps some people in work and raises the company's profile but I agree with your comment Span...

19 June 2009 at 22:07  
Anonymous Northstar said...

It looks like a giant Slinky. I'm not certain if that toy was introduced in the UK. It was quite popular over here about 25-30 years ago.

21 June 2009 at 21:04  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It does look like a slinky North Star...in fact it is probably like a giant duct pipe that carries air or heating around a building so they could've just have stood one of them on it's end for virtually the same effect.

Heaven knows what it cost...

22 June 2009 at 12:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home