My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

I'm Feeling Adventurous...

I am not sure if I have ever tasted a souffle in my life...or is it something once tasted you never forget?

I have heard tales of souffles that have been spoilt because an oven door is opened too often or a
noise makes them drop. I don't know how true these tales are. Are souffles like anything else?

Pancakes depending on their thickness have different names...crepe susette's are all but very thin pancakes after all...

It's funny, I have a selection of recipe books that probably have enough recipes and details so I am able to make numerous dishes and meals to last a lifetime(well my lifetime)and once you know the basics, you can make just about anything without looking at a book.

Remarkably, I have never ever used a ramekin to serve anything in and none of my books have recipes to make a souffle.

Well, I looked them up on the internet and I think I can manage to get away making one. Friends have offered advice for which I am always grateful and I have received encouragement too. Some of my friends have never tasted souffle and others have failed so if I do I won't feel quite so bad. It would appear getting as much air into the mixture is the most important thing of all and to serve them up as quickly as possible after baking. So the mixture needs folding and a metal table or desert spoon is said to be the best kitchen utensil to use.

My biggest decision will be whether to make a savory or sweet souffle.

When will I try?

Perhaps over Easter when I am trying to think of doing something a little special.

Some Recipes

I won't make everything(its not always cheaper or easier)tonight instead of toast I had some English Muffins in the cupboard, we split one, toasted it, Mum had honey on her half and I had marmalade and I had forgotten how nice these are...I'll have them again. Perhaps with something savory on top or perhaps jam...Lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

It's just a fluffy cake Gildy, even if it deflates it still tastes OK.

10 April 2009 at 10:24  
Blogger Paul said...

I prefer Gallettes to Crepes - they are thicker and have savoury fllings - like an English omlette.

10 April 2009 at 14:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home