My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Fluffy Duck...

I'll suggest another cocktail but if you look it up on the net or ask other people for the recipe, you will find there are many variations...

A Fluffy Duck

1 part(approx 30ml, that's a shot glass) advocaat liqueur
1 part creme de cacao Lemon/lime soda
Crushed ice

Take a glass and put approx one quarter of crushed ice into it.

Pour creme de cacao over the ice.

Then add the advocaat.

Slowly fill with soda. Stir, and serve.(Watch out for it coming over the top of the glass when the fizzy drink is added)

A tumbler or Hi-ball glass is approx the right size and it depends whether you want a large drink or half it with another person so you drink less.

It appears that creme de cacao is a chocolate liqueur(I found that I only had blue cacao)that is an orange liqueur so I substituted Baileys Irish Cream Whisky with caramel flavour(as close as I could think of to chocolate)and it seemed to work pretty well so here's a Gildy alternative.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Love it! but you need to be careful if saying it whilst a bit tipsy!

word verification: mingles

!!!

19 February 2009 at 18:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

How true Span, wait until I mention a cocktail that has rude name ;-) Will I block certain letters out?

I was told about it by the nurse who takes my bloods at the Dr's surgery!

Did I mention the taxi drivers who pick me up on my travels now ask what I am cooking and tell me what they've been doing and share recipes...you've got to laugh....

19 February 2009 at 19:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home