My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Toilet Rolls...

That's right, it's my turn to pass on what seem a useless household tip which few if anyone seems to know and I have never seen written down in a book.

I don't believe that I have mentioned it on my blog before...

I first heard of it on an old Children's Television programme in the UK many, many years ago...called How!

It doesn't seem to happen as often these days but sometimes when you need to use a toilet roll the pieces of paper do not match up and the perforations are not lined up so you do not get a neat piece of paper.

If that ever happens to you, just get hold of the layer that is longer and take it back round in the opposite direction and you will suddenly find that all the partitions will be lined up again and the perforations will be in line with each other.

You never know there may be one day this information may be of use to you...

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

hahaha...I shall remember that, seems a waste of effort though knowing what happens to the paper afterwards!

13 February 2009 at 22:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Doesn't it just ;-)

But it's a nuisance when the squares don't match up...

As for being frugal...I buy highlighter pens when they are on sale at the local supermarket as they are good value...10-12 for £1 and they last ages anyhow but when I was marking up my radio programmes so I know what to listen to and what I have heard...a couple recently started to dry out, I found that I could open them easily and I put water into the coloured wick that attaches to the nib.

After a few minutes they were as good as new and probably they will last for a few more weeks...possibly I can do it again.

So my supply of pens will last for ages. You've probably done this in the past and I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I have now!

14 February 2009 at 02:42  
Blogger Span Ows said...

So your mum can expect a packet of highlighter pens for her birthday?

;-)

19 February 2009 at 18:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have a birthday card at least but we'll decide on a gift soon(maybe something to wear)clothes or shoes...if she had not had the fall and been recovering I could have treated her to a meal somewhere(I was thinking of doing that at Christmas before her fall) but I may be able to think of something special...

Thanks for sending Mum your best wishes...

19 February 2009 at 22:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home