My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscars...

When I think of the Oscar ceremony and all the gushing and back slapping, the industry congratulating itself and they decide to let the public who pay at the box office to watch from a distance...they could start by letting the event be screened by whoever wishes to for free but they know tv and radio broadcasters will bid for the rights and pay well to do so, so in the UK for example if you don't pay subscription, you have to make do with highlights or snippets lasting seconds on the news. Or the ordinary broadcasters showing the parties or catching an odd word with actors outside the event. I sound like an old grump but could I care less...no!

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

If it were just the oscars it would be just about acceptable but as there's also the baftas, waftas, daftas and wankas it just pisses me off (yes, I've been on the juice)

Classic word verification for Hollywood

Jewfin

!!!

25 February 2009 at 23:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wonder how many word verification combinations there are?

Yes, that is true Span...there are so many award ceremonies across the year, they have lost any credability and that is probably why they seem un-necessary or I feel jaded towards them.

Of course the public goes to see a film because of the story and the actors, they are the public face of the industry but perhaps those who work behind the scenes deserve more recognition, unfortunately I know(and I'd be just as guilty)no one or few would watch or be interested.

26 February 2009 at 09:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home