My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Is It Good To Be An Observant Neighbour?

And know what's going on around you? Or is it a case of being a nosey neighbour or a curtain twitcher? When do we become one? Does it come with age?

I ask because I realise that I know who my neighbours are and see some of what's going on but in general I am not any the wiser what they get up to in their daily lives.

But my Mum seems to know who is a regular visitor and has it all sorted as to what their relationships are.

Who lives where and so on...and all the trivia that it entails. But if you mention this, you'll get a denial that she knows any of what's going on and probably an angry reaction to suggest that she's interested in such a way.

It's so unimportant. Fortunately, it's so quiet around here so nothing really happens(as far as we know)

But if the police ask for help with their enquiries perhaps she's the very person they'd like to obtain information from.

And you know...just maybe the following story makes the point that yes, it is good to be a neighbour who knows what is going on around you and though rare stopping such a story from happening makes it worth while but I'm unsure that anyone could stop something so horrific taking place.

Daughter's tearful reunion with mother 24 years after she was locked away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home