My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Now What Should I Post About?

I can rant about the new bus services that are really bad and will affect many.

I can post more stories that suggest still further that Mum was helped on her way and is even more worrying.

Or the concert I attended on Sunday. I suspect that is the one I will  be going with...but by doing so I will be able to tie two of my stories together...

Whilst shopping last night I managed to find some food bargains and now may not need much of anything for a while. I managed to buy approx £30 of meat for £10 and there was a mixture of cooked chicken drumsticks, chicken breasts with a variety of special sauces and coverings. Also, quite an expensive turkey roast  so that will take care of Christmas.

And the ham that I purchased last week and some salad items have lasted past the dates they were supposed to be used by. So I have had some extra meals out of them...so I have stretched my food budget a little further...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your freezer a Tardis?

You said it was bursting full last week and you asked your neighbours to put something in their freezer but they couldn't.

Be careful you don't overdo the purchasing just because things are cheap.

30 October 2012 at 08:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I won't be buying any more fish/meat for sometime and will be using what I have now stored :o)

At least it is high quality and normally look at and say I cannot afford.

I have plenty of canned/dry goods too that I can use so basically all I need is anything fresh like bread, milk, fruit and vegetables...

The stuffed chicken thighs were worth £4(four in the container)I paid £2 now I could probably eat a couple at a time but I will use them one at a time and add more vegetables.

Giving me four meals. In reality one is probably enough protein per meal and having damaged kidneys it means you are not over working them.

Some days I eat no meat...

A week on Thursday I attend my latest appointment at the hospital to see how I am doing. Fingers crossed there are no nasty surprises.

30 October 2012 at 15:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home