My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Back On The Bread Trail Again...

I cannot believe it...me who always has plenty of food in the cupboards and fridge/freezer is actually low on bread and milk but I don't wish to go out until next week.

So I have two litres of milk to last us(I think we can do that)and I have baked a white and wholemeal loaf, so we should be OK on that score...I have more flour, yeast etc...so I can make more. It's getting easier and quicker to do bread. I used for the first time a cheap but very good hand food mixer which also has dough hooks.

But though it made making the white loaf much easier and less messy for some reason the wholemeal loaf was not so, the mixture kept flying off in different directions or climbing up the dough hooks. They are made in minutes and lots of the work associated with baking is practically non existent.

They've come out as good as any I have done before and cheaper than bought loaves though I don't know how much I have spent in electric whilst the oven bakes them.

Now the only other two items I have to use(I have not used since buying)is a toastie Sandwich maker and a steamer but it's early days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

The other day I read a list of the top 10 food brands in the UK, it was in Grocer magazine but reported in one of the broadsheets.

THREE of the top 10 were bread. Warburtons was number one of the 10 I think! Hovis and another (Kingsmill, maybe?) were the others.

5 April 2010 at 18:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Mum likes Warburtons Wholemeal sliced so that is a regular buy here...

6 April 2010 at 06:56  
Blogger Span Ows said...

looks like we're giving them ideas Gildy, see HERE.

7 April 2010 at 23:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes...and the other day our PM was bothering people at a Morrisons Supermarket around the checkouts talking to both staff and customers. Now if he wants to talk to people in a carpark fine but as a supermarket I would have said no to the circus disrupting business.

8 April 2010 at 17:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home