My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Computers...I Want To Scream...

I'm no further forward with the repair of the computer. Two weeks and it's still not fixed. It's very much a fifty fifty situation what to do. I asked my repairman what to do and he's given me a number of options.

A new pc(he says bought pc's are actually cheaper and more up to date)but we have to find one with the same specifications or better than the one I had. (He says that I was just unlucky)

Manufactured computers are lower in price because they are made in such great numbers.

At present he says that he quite likes Acer computers. What do I know?

He can repair the one I have and we could decide just to replace the motherboard(that's what has gone wrong)and we may as well go with the new Windows 7 operating system and bypass Vista.

Or he builds me a new one and a lot of the parts in my present pc are reuseable(and the same box could be used)and could/should last ages. If he builds one from scratch he'll probably have a better idea what to do if it fails in the future and he knows all the parts he's putting inside.

I've tried to say to him, as he's the computer expert I'd rather he'd do as he would if it was his computer that had gone wrong.

He's going away to see if he can find out some prices of new computers and come back to me. A new one would mean that your Motherboard/installed operating system is in with the price whereas if he repairs the present one I'm paying roughly the same amount on the Motherboard and operating system alone and it's still an older machine(even if I have only had it 12-15 months)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Bulk DVD Replication said...

Well i would like to recommend you to save your time and go for the new one. Hope it 'll definitely work for you.

20 March 2010 at 06:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks...I am starting to lean towards buying a new one by a manufacturer or a new custom build rather than mess about. I am just fortunate that I can stretch that far.

Having had a computer for a decade the thought of not having one would be strange.

20 March 2010 at 08:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have been shown a website of a well known manufacturer with a good reputation and I may be able to get a new(well refurbished)pc for the cost of a new one and it's said this company actually though they call them refurbished they are mainly pc's that someone ordered and then cancelled.

If the specs are high enough or can be improved on by adding parts taken from my pc it will be a good idea maybe to consider this as an alternative.

21 March 2010 at 22:12  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I'd go for a new one too Gildy...but my patience isn't like yours (I would have got a new one ages ago!)
:-)

23 March 2010 at 23:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I might've felt different if I hadn't had this pc to fall back on...

25 March 2010 at 03:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home