My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Saturday

Good Friday was not a bad one...but very quiet.

I managed to be mentioned by one of the presenters/DJ's On Pirate BBC Essex, who also gave an air check to some of my friends.

Weather wise, the day has been dull, cold and wet but it stayed fine long enough for our gardener to tidy the front and back gardens and get them into some kind of shape. That done, when we have some new flowers put into the tubs and baskets all will be well. He had not finished too long before the rain returned.

The evening meal that I cooked was nice enough but seemed to be lacking in taste...Plaice fillets, peas and chips followed by a small apple pie and ice cream or custard. So for the foreseeable future I may return to salmon fillets and haddock in a kind of batter when I have fish in future.

Must do better on Easter Sunday...the plan is roast lamb, roast potatoes with a selection of vegetables(I must try and remember to open a jar of luxury mint sauce with rosemary and garlic)it's been in the cupboard since before Christmas and keep forgetting about it)followed by some kind of luxury dessert(not sure what)but that may just turn into fruit salad or ice cream and perhaps a cocktail of some kind later in the evening. Sounds rather decadent doesn't it?

What will I conjure up today? Only something very simple I am afraid...possibly ham and eggs or similar fare. I like breakfast but when you are not going out daily to do a lot of work that uses up your energy and you are not burning off calories, if you eat too much that will just add weight so if you looked at how much I eat, I eat enough but not massive portions. As I love my food my biggest problem is not being able to eat all that I have to choose from which is a nice problem to work through.

When there are only two of you, sometimes you'd think I was buying for a family but I would rather have more in the house and being able to choose from a variety of foods than have less in the home and not have much to choose from. And if something(say sliced meat)has 10 slices and I can only eat 6 slices, I would still rather enjoy the 6 slices I eat than say because I cannot use the remaining 4 I will not buy it. If you enjoy something I say why deni yourself?

I plan to do as little as possible over Easter(nothing new there then)any work can wait until next week.

I hope to just listen to some music, plays, documentaries on the radio and mess around on the computer or just doze away the next few days. I slept so soundly last night it has taken ages to wake up and when I did, I thought it was Sunday...nice to know that isn't and I have not lost a day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Well done on the radio mention! Always something "thrilling" about seeing/hearing youself/your name in print or on the radio...thrilling ebcasue it rarely happens.

I had my eldest son and his girlfriend over for easter so I've put on weight and have had very little sleep...

15 April 2009 at 11:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Out partying Span? ;-)

Hope it was agood Easter, it sounds like it was...

Yes, We had more mentions the last time this event happened in 2007 and I hope to get some files of the broadcast as I did not hear too much of it with it being only available in the Essex area or via the internet.

Lots of links to images on Gavin's board if you'd like to have a look...in the radio section...

15 April 2009 at 17:01  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I will do, not now as I'm just off to bed but this week I'll pop over and have a look.

15 April 2009 at 22:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home