My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Latest...

I was back at the hospital a couple of days ago thankfully only for my review...

Blood Pressure "Spot On!" But I was not given the reading. That doesn't worry me.

Urine...I don't know but as nothing was said I assume it's the same or slightly improved but no worse.

Bloods...well, the protein leaking into the blood is improving if slowly.

Cretenine(Kidney function)the reading was in the wrong direction but only slightly to the previous result.
I have been asked to take an extra blood test in a fortnight, if things remain the same or improve I will be left alone until mid October. Otherwise treatment will be reviewed as a precaution and to head off problems before they worsen.

I know I am approx 2 1/2 stone heavier than usual but at least I am maintaining that weight(I hope that may reduce as my steroids are reduced)but at least I am eating all the right foods to be healthy.

And though the drugs are doing their work, I think the reduction in protein may be being aided by my increase in eating porridge, fruit, lots of vegetables, fish and meat such as Turkey, Pork, Lamb and Chicken. But also natural items for reducing Cholesterol and inflammation such as Garlic. And of the same family, Onions, Spring Onions, Leeks, Chives and another with a reputation for reducing cholesterol and that's Beetroot. I'll try anything if I think it may help. I know that I have mentioned these before.

I have been reduced on how many steroids I take and have come down by one tablet again. Hoorah! In time this should see my weight reduce and appearance look more normal.
However, I continue to take the other equally strong drugs as prescribed to treat my condition.

It will still be a long journey ahead and probably it will always be a case of heading off or delaying further problems and trying to maintain how I am for as long as possible so if that is the scenario...I'm happy.

And I want one problem sorted before starting to deal with anything else. Unless, that decision is taken out of my hands.
I'm sorry that my condition caused my lovely flat tummy to increase in size therefore causing it to be slack and have stretch marks but a small price compared to the fact that I am still here and alive. I could consider a nip and tuck but as that has complications, costs money and if I had to have treatment could happen again, it doesn't seem worth considering.

At present I am doing less than I usually do as I appear to now be suffering with Sciatica. Said to be one of the worse pains possible as it affects the largest nerve in the body and I can vouch for it being so...I am unable to put my leg straight when in bed and if I do the pain is constant. And it is difficult to move back into a comfortable position, walking is virtually out. I'm having to avoid putting my full weight on the limb. I am going very careful with some painkillers I have(paracetamol and dihydrocodeine)and they are making some difference.

So the next few weeks will hopefully pass by and there will be no unexpected surprises.
Oh and my local branch of Boots the Chemists seem to finally have matters sorted and are doing everything correctly with my prescriptions, I am being treated with respect and in a pleasant manner and I am so pleased to be able to say that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

The fact that you are happy is the amin thing Gildy: state of mind plays a far bigger role in our personal health than people think! Goodo!

15 September 2008 at 09:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span,
That is something I can identify with.

19 September 2008 at 16:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home