My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Nothing Much To Report...

Posted by Picasa


But that has to be good...right?

I have an appointment with my consultant next week and to hear how I am.

I had an extra blood test last week and so far as I have heard nothing since I hope(assume)that the results are the same as before or improved to their previous reading(the reason I was told to have the extra test in the first place)unless I am told otherwise next week.

I have another to be taken next Tuesday and that probably is more important with the hospital appointment happening two days later.

I hope that my weight is still being maintained or slightly down.

I am a funny old shape due to the steroids and the effects of the drugs I am on.

I was never an Adonis with a six pack but physically not unpleasant to look at. I never had a beer belly or suffered from middle age spread but since becoming ill ten years ago(yes, it's that long)I have stretch and other marks, a wobbly tummy and even if I manage to lose the weight that saggy look will remain. It's probably all helped cause the dreaded hernia. I would not go out of my way to show myself off.

My eyes are not as good as they were and that too has probably been caused by the drugs I am on but it's weighing up whether it's better to still be here or somewhere else. And for now(I may change my mind)I can still stay positive and say at least I am still around. You are a long time dead.

Today is one of those days where I am having difficulty waking up...It's 4pm in the afternoon and I have yet to eat anything...but may have a bowl of soup in the next few minutes and an earlier evening meal...but later.

Something simple, I think...possibly a mixed grill(maybe the traditional English Breakfast)but at night...that's mushrooms, egg, fried cabbage, potato, tomato, fried bread, sausages(and anything else I can find)

Tomorrow...I will attempt to do some of the weekly tasks that require taking care of.

I have discovered that the annual Flu Vaccinations are taking place at the local Dr's Surgery again, it seems to come around earlier every year. As a person with kidney problems I fall into a category where I am advised as to being vulnerable so am entitled to a free flu jab. It's a walk in clinic so as it become busier and there is a possibility of a shortage of vaccinations available most years, I'll get my annual shot.

I'll get my weekly shop in(there's not too much to buy)with the cupboards and fridge/freezer being reasonably full...It will be what I call odds and sods. Perhaps soup, baked beans, condiments, spices etc...to try and build up my utility store in the pantry of ingredients that need to be added to meals as they cook.

We have the main shopping area and then in various parts of the town little areas where maybe a handful of what you might call local shops are for people living close by to get those things that you run out of. And the local Co-operative has just spent something like £170,000 on a face lift and revamped it's interior. I have been in that store perhaps five times in 50 years. I might just make the effort and pop in and see what I can find for a change. Instead of the usual big supermarket I usually shop. But as I live near the main shopping centre is that surprising? I may, time will tell. I have been known to change my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Glad there's 'no news'...I think the tiredness may be due to teh funny weather: cold and wet followed by sunny and warm, at least that's waht it's been like in the SW this week: England showing me why it's so wondeful as you can NEVER plan on what the weather will be! :-)

Shopping, yep, a great pastime and a mighty cure for many ills!

10 October 2008 at 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home