My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Windmills Of Your Mind...





Posted by Picasa

Apologies...the posting of images has changed since the last time I posted any and I'm not sure how to write text beside each picture and move them around. But I promised to get these images onto my blog after an entry some weeks ago.

To recap...the first shows the area near where the new supermarket was built and features some typical street lights. Now there has been a wind turbine erected in the same area and this is in a residential area.

In the image of the street lighting, the one one the left is in the car park of the supermarket so you can see how close it is to the main road that passes through the town and the turbine in the second picture is virtually a few feet/metres to the left. It is that close. If only I had taken it in panoramic setting.

The homes were already unhappy with facing onto the business(as many believed the design was going to merge in with the surroundings)but when built, it's basic design seemed different and is mainly glass and metal. The colour is mainly white with lots of logo's on it. And now we have this added to the layout. I think I am safe to assume that they will not be too keen on the turbine.

I hope the images make it clear what I was trying to suggest...

There is no way that the wind turbine can be compared to the typical design of the street lighting. The article that appeared in the local press said that protests are unlikely because the turbine design is seen as being no worse than a street light.

I am still unable to agree...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home