My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Why Would I think Anyone Is Bothered?

Well, just in case anyone is and some already know what I am about to post(and have sent their best wishes and support for which I thank you)

I saw my own Dr yesterday. Curing people is not an exact science and a lot of treatment depends on seeing over a period of time how people react to care and drugs which then means that hopefully you can be reasonably sure if someone presents similar symptoms the same procedure will work for them, I was told that my recent blood count had come back reasonably ok. The createnine content is not so much of a problem(which was originally what concerned "us" the most. However, a newer test has been introduced in recent months and that doesn't look so good. I continue to leak protein(a lot is the term being used)and now I am told there is blood.

I do get some hope in that I am told that having responded to treatment before, it should likely as not work again. Press any further for some confidence and its not that much forthcoming. Perhaps that's because a Dr does not wish to give false hope or maybe they are being kind because they know there will be worrying times ahead and they don't wish to make those times come any sooner than they need to.

However, what is going through my own mind is that though dialysis works for many should the need arise, I assume(rightly or wrongly)it is mainly to get rid of toxins and clean the blood and that is mainly Createnine content)so as mine is a different problem maybe that would not work for me?

The blood pressure reading wasn't correct and three readings were taken but each one reduced to what is more acceptable. And this is with me taking a blood pressure tablet daily(which has been increased in strength)

But whether all this information will mean my Consultant is very unhappy tomorrow only time will tell.

A wonderfully detailed explanation on how to understand blood pressure and how to try and avoid damage or possible medication can be found here.

I was shown a line graph by my Dr. The higher the point is the better it is for me. The lower is not where I wish to be but interestingly enough using my own example(if I was using a scale of 1-100) it would appear at the start of the 2007 I was around the 100 mark(the worse you could be)and over the year I have been as high as 5 but usually go up and down like a yo yo between 25 and 75. From what I could see yesterday I was around the 70 mark.

So I guess the worry would be if I go further down in the wrong direction. I can do no more. It's out my hands. I am in the care of God and through him all the Dr's and those who care for me.

Only time will tell...hopefully, I'll be back to writing about less important in the great scheme of things that seem to catch my eye such as the performance of my local MP, the progress or lack of it regarding the improvement of the area, the obsession of many in today's so called "Celebrity Culture" and other stories. I jest of course there are many things happening that are important in the world whether I am here or not and will continue long after I leave this world. Just as it did before I was ever thought of.

5 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi, Gildy.

I'm not entirely sure what to say but perhaps I ought to remind you that we're all with you here, just as were with Six.

Of course, what you say about importance and the global scheme of things is true but I'm sure things aren't always as clear cut as that. This is important. It's important to you, to all who care for you, to all who look after you and definitely important to all who read your blog.

12 December 2007 at 21:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Les,
I guess you are right of course, I'm upbeat unless I am told otherwise. I hope that I am painting a scenario that is not as bad as appears but yes, we have gone the wrong way with results etc...

Now on the positive side treatment is said to work so hopefully it would again. I read(and every case is different)of someone on the same treatent for 30 years and he still is.

The treatment is stopped where possible because the side effects can be harmful but with the right consultant things could turn out reasonably well.

I only really give it a thought when the appointments come around and you realise it could be serious. But they are very clever these days and can do some amazing things.

I appreciate your good wishes.

Hope all is well with you and yours...

12 December 2007 at 23:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Things are without going into great detail a little better than feared. I will unless things change see my Consultant again at the end of January.

Treatment is a possiblity again but for now I am back on some drugs I was over ten years ago...water tablets. Due to some water retention.

If he can keep treatment to the minimum he will. He's always been right so far so I go with his expert knowledge.

The main problem is inflamed kidneys but here's the problem. Long term treatment has serious side effects but without you can also have problems so it's weighing up the points for and against.

He is trying to stop me leaking protein and keep the createnine levels down.

Some of this is happening but here's a twist, a side effect of the water tablets can be inflamed kidneys and raised createnine levels so the treatment can cause it.

At least I am being monitored and being watched over.

I am more positive and there are more good signs than bad I guess.

I'm still here and plan to eat, drink and be merry over the festive season unless something changes suddenly.

14 December 2007 at 17:55  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

Good for you, Gildy! A positive attitude is, more often than not, quite theraputic. I hope you have a great Christmas.

14 December 2007 at 19:46  
Blogger Paul said...

Hey Gildy I'm still rooting for you. I've got wrapped up in work at the moment so posting and reading various blogs/boards etc is hit and miss but you have my support and thoughts for what they are worth.

I hope you and your Mum have a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year brings fresh beginnings and happier tomorrows.

Paul.

23 December 2007 at 19:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home