My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm Asking For Your Foregiveness...

It's been a while since I posted and I have many things to talk about(maybe they are not important in the great scheme of things)but how many things in our lives are? We all have to live day to day and often in a routine that changes very little.

Unless, there is something that changes that routine. I don't dwell on illness(I've done that already ages ago with a detailed entry)of the situation that I am in. Generally, I just get on with it.

However, at my last appointment with my consultant though things have been stabilised for some time(heaven knows this situation has been going on for 10 years this month)

But...the news was not so good and where I usually get away with for 4-6 months between appointments, the next was brought forward to two months. I am leaking protein in my urine. To some extent this is to be expected with what I have(kidney problems)but my consultant says it has increased and if it cannot be controlled...it's back on the treatment again(with all the side effects)and the hope that the treatment stabilises the problem. If not I'm not sure what the alternatives would be other than treatment I would rather not think about, assuming that it even works.

Whether the treatment is as an out patient or would mean a stay in hospital...I don't know.

What I do know is we've a postal strike going on and today it came to an end for a few days until the next one and the first letter to arrive had a local postmark and my first thought it was one I did not wish to receive. I have recently had to fill in a massive form that you are expected to when you are ill and have to prove to Government departments that you are genuinely ill(even though all they have to do is ask your Dr and Consultant)I had mentioned that I have a condition that could flare up at any time. Not realising that is exactly what has happened.

Unfortunately, it was a letter from my consultant to inform me that the previous results were not good as appeared even then and my appointment has been brought forward by yet another 3 weeks. So perhaps with all of this you can understand why I have not been quite so busy on here(also I have been having some computer problems on top of all this)

I wonder what the next few weeks or months have in store. I'd be telling lies if I said I wasn't concerned or apprehensive but in another way I do feel calm at this minute in time, I hope that I can remain so...the only good thing is that I have a very good consultant who is very much "On the ball" regarding the situation and I believe will do all that he can to keep me around for a little while longer.

There are more positive signs than bad(and my last but one result)which was a more detailed set of tests, gave one of the best readings yet so this setback is a pity. Hopefully, it's a minor set back.

5 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Do keep us all informed, Gildy. We're all right behind you and hope this set back is, indeed, a minor one.

12 October 2007 at 20:26  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Gildy, I shall be thinking of you and willing good results and good health your way. Take good care of yourself.

xx

12 October 2007 at 22:55  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

No Gildy they don't want you in quicker because they think you're on the way out. These people have targets!

Come on chin up!

We're all with you!

13 October 2007 at 03:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts, I really do feel quite positive.

Perhaps you read more into things especially if you write from the heart as I often do and not to a plan.

Your suggestion could also be correct Gavin.

Gildersleeve has far too much to say as yet and hopes to be around to say it for quite some time to come ;-)

13 October 2007 at 16:30  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, a big hug from me.
If it's the same medication you were on 10 years ago, it did the trick then, and I'm sure it'll work again.
Chin up, we're all supporting you, you'll come through this.

14 October 2007 at 00:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home